Search the forum,

Discuss pipestrip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
we've all been there, cant get the fitting onto the pipe because there's half a dozen layers of paint on it, cheesses me off that does.

well this might be the easy way to do it [DLMURL="http://www.pipestrip.com/Home"]Home - Pipestrip[/DLMURL]

at only £6, if it does what it says on the tin, it might be worth keeping one in the van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought one - a great idea, wish I had thought of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

looks a good idea, be interesting to get some hands on feedback as to how effective it really is and how long it lasts.

Love gloss cos it comes off with grips.....love emulsion cos it comes off with water and abrasive strips can't see the need for this tbh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

its priced well from what i can see, if it lasts aslong as a set of cleaning stips from the merchants then its paid for itself. tho who in there right mind buys cleaning strips from a merchant :)

we've all been there, cant get the fitting onto the pipe because there's half a dozen layers of paint on it, cheesses me off that does.

well this might be the easy way to do it [DLMURL="http://www.pipestrip.com/Home"]Home - Pipestrip[/DLMURL]

at only £6, if it does what it says on the tin, it might be worth keeping one in the van.

looks good and loks like it can get into confined spaves better than my old painters shavehook.

Last edited by a moderator:
its priced well from what i can see, if it lasts aslong as a set of cleaning stips from the merchants then its paid for itself. tho who in there right mind buys cleaning strips from a merchant :)

Comes on a 5 m roll at toolstation for less than six quid :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good, but I use a rasp (not a standard smooth file) which takes the paint off in seconds. I had a horrible thought of someone using that tool on themselves in a tender spot.

Grips on pipe and twist, off the paint pops. Don't see the need for something else taking up space in the van.

I use a wee Dremel or if the pipe is still in position and tight to a wall, I use a coarse file/rasp, but someone somewhere must have an idea for a chrome stripping tool that takes it all off in one go, just like the paint one above!

Ordered a Pipestrip, but as my invoice is number 67 thay don't seem to be selling that well.
Next they need to make a 28 / 35mm then I'll be very happy.

someone somewhere must have an idea for a chrome stripping tool that takes it all off in one go, just like the paint one above!

Pipeslice but with an abrasive wheel instead of a cutter mounted at an angle so it winds itself down the pipe.

Had some Artex or something a few weeks ago, it was like concrete, quick blast with the blow lamp and cleaning strip job done, dunno if the scrapper would have worked!

The guy is using it on a workbench so it would be easy, how does it work on a pipe under a radiator with no room at the back of it.

Got it today (pipestrip) best cheap tool so far, get it to bite into paint & yr
down to copper in no time!

Nail varnish removing gimmick! :angry_smile:

Where can I get one?????? :001_icon16:

What ever happened to wire wool and blow torch ?

maybe youve lost it down the back of your van seat? or left it at the last job?? :)

ive been using the toolstation stuff for years, just tear it into strips and there you go. Loads better than wire wool, works well when wet.

dont see the need for some pipe stripping gizmo TBH they dont show how effectively it cleans under the pipe steel wool and a gas lamp normally do the job or if the paints thick gas lamp and emery paper or sandpaper

Blow lamp for me works everytime why do i need another tool i"ve already got the bl in

its an updated shave hook nothing new we all had one for lead cleaning
personally its one gadget i can do without i either use the stanley knife to scrape or the back of the junior blade works if you can slip it over the pipe
if you buy a tool for every occasion youll not be able to lift the tool box in six months

That gives you an excuse to buy another tool box/bag. You can never have enough tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipestrip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you might say) on the front panel, and one of these has a double function (turn it left and it operates the smaller oven, turn it right and it operates the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock