Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes vibrating with no water running. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

New fitter to the forum, I have had a scroll through some previous posts but couldn't find anything definite!

I have pipework within my house vibrating and humming for several seconds from time to time and through the night. No water is running and pipework is bled.

I have a bottom entry flush on my toilet but is showing no bad signs of wear and tear (5 years old), I have a mechanical shower (5 year old) fed off the boiler HW which did have a minor leak and is now repaired - the noises have been happening long before the repair.

I have even isolated, drained the HW and CW supplies, reinstated purged of air and still can't shift this noise!

Any tips or advice would be great thanks!

Ry

* we are mains fed no water tank or calorifier!

Last edited:
I would point to the ballvalves in the cistern and roof tank if you have one,if someone flushes the wc at night or runs a tap could be the washer in a ballvalve vibrating but you say there's no water being run,I used to get this as my underground water main is shared with the house next door and when they run water it was affecting my appliances.

I think it must be that same problem, we are in an end terraced and I'm presuming that the water passes underground through to next doors house. We have no tanks and are direct fed throughout the house and it's irritating when randomly at night I'm being woken up by loud vibrations as it someone is drilling throughout our house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipes vibrating with no water running. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to vibrate. I have singled out the issue to the joists that the floorboards sit on carrying the vibrations throughout the house. We do not have hot water...
Replies
Views
D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have tried the mixer tap/air lock trick about 10 times now and still not fixing. I have drained the HW tank a little so I can inspect the 22mm out pipe at...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up twice a day for about 2 hours. When the tanks start to heat, one of them makes a loud vibrating noise, sometimes for about 15-20 mins, sometimes for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock