Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe Wrench in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends what you use it for and how often, pipe wrench as in a stilson?
i have used many and some cheap ones are good. the teeth all where down eventually and slip off.

What are you thinking of using them for?
Rigid are best quality and allys are a lot easier to handle but not necessary for general plumbing.

I barely ever use em - not on brass as it rips it to hell . . .

If you must get a stilson, then get it cheap.

I have however got 4-5 spanners and grips of various sizes . . .

Hello
Can anyone advise be on what pipe wrench to buy, I have decided on Rigid but cannot determine what model to go for. Heavy Duty or Aluminium, what do you guys think/recommend? 18".

Link> Wrenches - RIDGID Professional Tools

Sorry if I'm sounding rude. I feel if your having to ask what type of tools to buy to carry out plumbing work :confused: you shoud'nt be touching any kind of plumbing at all. :eek:

I'm not a tradesman. I have a couple of pipe wrenches but always tend to use one of 3 sizes of adjustable spanners plus a few open enders. The large stilsons come out for large long fixed valves.

I wouldn't be without curved jaw molegrips though. Never use them on nuts but invaluable for holding the body of a compression joint where there is not enough shoulder space to get two hands to the job.

welcome ConorM8350 it all depends on what you will use them on they are really designed for pipe fitting that said plenty of plumbers use them daily.In my toolbox I carry a pair of record size eights but from my earlier days I have various sizes from size 8`s all the way up to size 48`s all made by record.Rigid make some cracking bits of kit .Aluminium are good but do really want to carry them around if you can use something smaller .Maybe go to a good toolshop and check out your options.Good luck:)regards turnpin

i do nearly all pipework using 10" grips and 8" wide jaw shifting spanner, plenty other great tools too but thats what you can take to most jobs in one hand with couple screwdrivers. i have few sizes of stilsons but have a 14" in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe Wrench in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock