Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe work for cold supply to shed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sweegy

Hi all could do with bit of advice I'm quoting on a cold water supply. to shed from house the customer wants plastic pipe I'm quoting mdpe 20mm is this suitable if so what depth does it need to be laid and does it need insulating and finally where it comes up from ground outside house wall is it ok to be used over ground then through obsolete tumble dryer ducting into house thanks

There is a minimum and maximum depth but can`t for the life of me remember the numbers, sure somebody else will.

Your pipe should be laid in a trench at a depth of at least 750mm but no more than 1350mm. The pipe must be protected from stones, either bedded in fine sand or laid in suitable ducting. The pipe should be 25mm and of an approved material.

Your pipe should be laid in a trench at a depth of at least 750mm but no more than 1350mm. The pipe must be protected from stones, either bedded in fine sand or laid in suitable ducting. The pipe should be 25mm and of an approved material.
Thanks for reply can the pipe be used over ground

20mm will be more than good enough for shed

20mm will be more than good enough for shed
One persons shed is another persons 1 bed flat with full bathroom, kitchen sink and washing machine around here - Known as a bed in a shed for a 2 people.

A famous C&G / NVQ exam question. Lol

One persons shed is another persons 1 bed flat with full bathroom, kitchen sink and washing machine around here - Known as a bed in a shed for a 2 people.

We only used to install 15mm coated soft copper into a normal house so 20 mm will be good enough

Unless the house has its own 32mm mdpe supply

I wouldn't want the mdpe pipe external at house. It isn't pretty for one thing.
Would prefer to run it below floor into house, but if that is not possible - like if solid floor and risk to dpc, then need to have any external pipe that is above ground insulated and cased. Also quote for an isolating valve (stopcock or lever valve) to be fitted at connection in house. You might want to change over to 15mm plastic pipe for plumbing inside the shed, if much plumbing needed there, as it is easier to work with and less bulky

Last edited:
Hi thanks for all replys just one other question will the pipe inside house need a double check valve fitted thanks again

What's going to happen to it when it reaches the shed?
The cold feed will enter shed through side wall having been insulated with armaflex inside and out then have a service valve and drain off fitted this is all the customer wants at moment

The cold feed will enter shed through side wall having been insulated with armaflex inside and out then have a service valve and drain off fitted this is all the customer wants at moment

whats it supplying tho, you need to know

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
It's for a water heater

I would class that as a fluid risk 5 can't be fed from mains water

So your a non starter before you start

Needs break tanks and backflow prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe work for cold supply to shed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock