Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe with silicon rubber tubes in it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

student plumber

First off this is not a job, same as the Saniflo type systems, are there jobs plumbers don't do. thread.
Just getting titbits of info while studying, basically so I don't go blindly into things, plus I might forgot the questions in a few years time.

Where I work (sport centre) there's plastic tube approx 20mm coming out the end of a big wooden skirting board (for want of a better description) several inches high and wide.

It goes along then bends upwards towards a suspended ceiling, but the end is several inches short, coming out is what looks like two silicon rubber tubes, it's hard to squeeze them so I assume there's water inside. There are no fixings to secure the tube to anything.

There's a red wire hanging near it though doesn't look live or even connected to anything. Naturally can't go up and have a look, not what I'm paid for plus they hire people to do what ever work needs doing.

It's basically all the systems up there that keep the place running, it's not that light and I don't know where it's safe to tread, so keep out of it. Though interested to know how all the systems work.

But what could this plastic tube/silicon tubes be for and why isn't it fixed, any ideas.

When I get the chance I will take a picture, just haven't been able to yet.

When I said red wire I was thinking of something else, it looks like 3 core flex and goes through the wall to a control panel. The flex isn't fastened to the wall and goes through ceiling near the silicon rubber tubes. So it must be part of same thing but looks a bit like a lash-up to me.

The plastic pipe did used to be clipped in but has been broken off and now rests along the floor, no one seems to bothered about it though.

Wouldn't be able to get there and have a look unfortunately.

Just be carfull, wires can't look "not live" just report it to your supervisor.
Eco

Really needs a pic. A/C condensate drain? Part of a postmix drink vendor?

Just be carfull, wires can't look "not live" just report it to your supervisor.
Eco

The staff must know about it because most of them would've seen it.

I would never assume a wire was dead. I had to test a hand/wash and dry unit at work (where I used to work years ago) standing on rubber mat and touched bare contacts and tripped out four RCB's.

Funny thing is to check the plumbing didn't leak put hands inside and check fittings, as long as you didn't touch terminals which were all insulated anyway, you would be alright. But the air heater's terminals weren't insulated although the wires attached to them were. On this particular model air heater was right at the front, I wasn't inside at the time I think I just caught them with my finger as I was leaning in looking for leaks as it was difficult to reach in.

I assume wire does goto the control panel on other side of wall and is live as there's no other wires there chased or otherwise, But I assume A/C judging by control panel.

I will get a pic just really busy at moment and it's out of interest not for a job so no customer's or deadlines to worry about.

The wire goes through same hole as tubes but not allowed up there to have a look where it goes, wire isn't clipped in. The pipes clipped in vertically but it's slipped down and not clipped horizontally, clips broken.

There' also 2 dripping taps, 1 of them must fill a litre in an hour or less I'm sure in the staff room. 2 broken lights front of house, been made safe and out of sight. A number of ceiling tiles missing in staff areas. A loose public toilet seat. There's a couple of other things as well.

Same as before; The staff must know about it because most of them would've seen it.

I've managed to get some pictures to put up, but then ran out of call time. I thought it was just a bad connection, must be all those downloads.

Had a number of problems with camera some time ago and can't do anything with the pics so will have to re-take them.

More like a galvanised conduit can't see it being plastic in a leisure centre

As wheeto said it'll be condense drains from a/c units the 20mm pipe will terminate to a drain somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe with silicon rubber tubes in it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock