Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe to be or pipe not to be in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

birde78

Hi

Would somebody be so kind and have a look at the imagesi have enclosed and let me know if the pipe looks like it was fitted properly.

if it has not been fitted properly would this cause a build of of moisture as are kitchen has been taken over by condensation really bad but can not find the root cause.

tried opening door and windows when kitchen is in use another photo taken same day when kitchen unit was removed looks damp on the wall where the pipe had been fitted?

any suggestions and comments would be much appreciated.

Birde

Attachments

• DAMP WALL BEHIND SINK UNIT AFTER REMOVAL.jpg
    DAMP WALL BEHIND SINK UNIT AFTER REMOVAL.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 58
  • kitchen pipe 1.jpg
    kitchen pipe 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 58
The pipe has a back flow on it and is leaking, thats why youve put tupper ware below it....however that shouldnt really cause your kitchen to be full of condensation.. its just a bowl of water underneath the sink! and a bowl of water wether underneath your sink or on the worktop with gold fish in wont cause your kitchen to be full of condensation.

ok!,
i have a guess that the waste pipe may be leaking into the cavity.
i assume the hole where the waste traverses is not sealed?.
this can collect into the cavity brick work and be then drawn into the kitchen via capillary action.
solution.
cheack all pipes for leaks with toilet paper.
seal waste pipe entry and exit with silicone.
then test waste connections.
may take week or two to dry thru.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it's just how I'm looking at the image but it looks like the waste rises after the trap.
If that's how it is it's a big rise and your whole trap will be full of water and some this could be causing a leak.
As for condensation wall cavertys, inserlation, type of windows, air bricks, position of kitchen in the building. Can all be factors.

As far as I can see... the only "leak" apears to be from the trap, a slow drip which is being caught by the tupperware, it is not unusaul for the wall to be black behind a sink unit. if the only leak present is from the trap into the tupperware then this will not cause the room to be full of condensation.

Pictures not great with kitchen sink removed,has floor been tiled making floor area under sink unit lower,if so this would make worse
Looks like sink pipe work has been leaking quite a while,not all into plastic bowl and water pool built up under unit ,maybe plaster on wall to low and pulled water/damp up wall,condensation is caused by moisture in the air and with all that water leaking you would have had that,then if warm against cold pipes or hot pipe leaking,maybe heating pipes under floor heating leaked water,away you go
The waste requires running correctly,let all dry out,maybe hire a dehumidifier and refit new unit and plumbing correctly making sure nice fall on waste and all pipework sound
Before you fit unit back cap hot and cold ends turn on ball a fix valves and make sure no leaks on fitting that will be behind unit
When you refit unit leave bottom plinth of for a while to check all staying dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe to be or pipe not to be in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock