Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe sound please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,does anybody heard before or has any idea how to fix/stop the sound below because is really annoying, the sound is when no one is using the water inside house every tap is shut but that sound is still present 2 plumbers came and they don't know where this sound comes from .
(Use volume please)

Are youse familiar or it ever happened you any of you.

Appreciate a lot.

Is your house joined to another. Are any neighbours hearing the same noise.

Sounds like water hammer from a toilet or tap turning off quickly, a shock arrestor might fix it

It could be one of your neighbours or even in the water main, try a shock arrestor after your stop tap if that doesn't work contact your water supplier

Any tanks in the loft etc .
Have you recently drawn water or flushed a toilet

Is a flat located at 1st floor it doesn't have any tanks in the attic and below neighbour says he can here it some time from above, in my flat I can here it often all day or night long and no taps are used or toilet that's really frustrating... :(

Frustrating I bet !!!
Unfortunately copper pipes will transmit sounds so it could be coming from anywhere.
Some flats I work in have a seperate room having all the water meters . Sometimes where the electric meters are too .

I.ve noticed that when my neighbour is using his water taps/toilet the sound is starting and I'm thinking even the neighbour next to me 1st floor when he uses water the sound is present even if I went to bellow neighbour and run the tap and toilet he has no sound inside his house but in mine is....do youse think a shock arrestor ( like Jones82 said )fitted in my place will stop this madness ?

Appreciate.

Could be the jumper in your stop tap. Try closing it for a few hours and see if you hear the noise.

My flat being in a block of 4 I've noticed when the neighbours are using their water I get the sound and definitely its a shared system do youse think I can do something on my side to stop the sound ?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe sound please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock