Search the forum,

Discuss pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
noooooooo i'm looking at maybe mid next year!... sorry should have mentioned it earlier!....but what about a quote first guys before i pull my pants down and bend over!......lol

Forward on a copy of that plumbers quote so I can see what he saying papa

noooooooo i'm looking at maybe mid next year!... sorry should have mentioned it earlier!....but what about a quote first guys before i pull my pants down and bend over!......lol

Depends you blonde or brunette? :shocked3:

Gray0689 the plumber will only commit to hard copy quote if i want to go ahead with the quote discussed verbally. so don't have anything on paper i'm afraid. but it is as per i've listed previously (posts 82 and 95).

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's ÂŁ10.5k exclusive of vat for labour only of fitting boiler cylinder copper work for kitchen & utility all copper work for 4 times shower rooms witch will have 1x wc 1x whb & leave for shower supply underfloor installation complete commission of said boiler & cylinder.

Builder will be doing all floor insulation and tanking for liquid screed insulation round external walls for cold bridge
All soils and wastes for above kitchen utility and shower rooms & fitting of all sanitary ware

Gray0689 yes!... the insulation on the ground floor and tanking+screeding will be done by the builder the plumber to lay all floor panels both on the ground floor and upper floors for underfloor heating.

Gray0689 panels 1.jpgpanels 2.jpg

Aw spreader plates on first floor
You can use any kind of mat or rails on ground floor
What mate of underfloor you looking at

Looks grand but I would not be recommending wavin under foor heating pipe
Normally use glo myself and its 20 mm pipe not 15mm or 16mm and uponor is good stuff too

Emmeti and uponor are very similar
I'd go with emmeti or uponor imho
I prefer stainless metal manifolds

ok but i think i will go with Wavin brand :) + they have very good RF controls. one RF wiring centre per Manifold

Check out uponor imho C56 I76 and wireless digital controls

i did..... i even went on you tube...... now i remeber i have heard of them...... and also remeber someone at the last PHEX show (Wembley)someone put me off of them... something about they werent that popular and that they might be going into receivership soon!

Lol uponor are a massive company mate huge in Europe can't see them going under and I'm building a house soon and that's what I'll put in my own house
I already have the manifolds c56 I 76 and the didital wireless stats

Ps if there that many in house hot water consumption going to be high
You thought about solar panel?

What's the plumber charging for standing time?, waiting for materials or the builder?

Never mind standing time, SimonG, just imagine his surprise when he get uni-strut & munson rings instead of the plastic clips that he priced for installing. You can just see this one turning into a bun fight quick as anything. what do you reckon one, maybe two weeks tops ?

I was thinking a couple of weeks, if you can get cracked on. Trouble is big jobs never go well, co-ordination is always an issue and the plumber ends up in the mushroom shed. (kept in the dark and fed a load of crap)

ok all you party people, hows it going? gone abit quite on this thread :( ..... got a quote from a screed it firm offering to supply and install underfloor heating to entire property (240m2) including insulating 235mm depth of EPS insulation and DPC membraning on the whole of the groundfloor. The 1st first floor and loft floor to also have UFH. The builder to install the insulation on battens on the top 2 floors. The heating manifolds and PEX pipework will be Emmeti. All the controls will be Wireless Heatmiser (PRT-W) thermostats. The whole of the groundfloor will also be fully Liquid Screeded to a depth of 65mm. This installation does not include any pipework up to the manifolds. The plumber will have to do all that. They are quoting me approx ÂŁ10,000 for the whole job. Does anyone know if these Emmeti brand and heatmiser brands are any good?.... someone was telling me that Emmeti is/was linked to Uponor!... is this true?... also how does this price sound to you guys?... pls advise :)

Howsie yes i will be doing that, but i just thought that someone on here might have an idea or two on the price :)

Of course we have but to be honest, it's a little like my dog chasing her own tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock