Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe lagging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dickymint

Hi, I'm looking for advice on the best form of insulation for the flow and return of my air source heat pump. It currently has armorflex, but there is copper showing at the back where the edges meet. The pipes are 35mm and it is fixed to the wall using brass stands.

Is this inside or outside ?

Use some kingspan cool therm. Slip it around pipes and seal it With a splodge of expanding foam on the joints and then silver foil tape. Then some external goosewing grey PVC tape. As birds love the silver foil.

35mm is a big pipe for ASHP, how big is the system? - As mentioned lagging is glued or taped together. If there is any copper showing indoors it does present a risk of condensation at least outdoors it can just drip onto the floor.

Thanks for all the advice. It's a 14kW ASHP, so quite big & manuf rec says use 35mm. I think temporarily I'll glue the amorflex edges which should help (lovely job) and then I'll look at the Kooltherm which looks quite good. It does look a bit tricky to install around shut off valves and strainer etc. Someone suggested boxing it all in and packing with loft insulation, but that sounded like a lot more work.

If you haven't got valves boxes you van buy sheets of kooltherm flex. 3' wide roll and basically it's like a quilt . Expensive tho so just make a neat box from 25mm celotex and fill with expanding foam. (Wrap vale in plastic / cling-film. ) then split it and remove the plastic u have a perfectly fitted valve case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe lagging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock