Search the forum,

Discuss pipe inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ragdalian

Hi could anyone confirm if pipe inserts are specific to the make of pipe or to the push fitting please as I have several makes of both inserts and fitting

Thanks

You are supposed to put like with like, however I have never had a problem mixing and matching, even pipe, fitting and insert all different manufacturer!

yes pipe specific. but to stay within manufacturers warranty you must use all the same not mix and match.

Sometimes the JG speedfit ones don't fit one of the others. I think polypipes but I'm sure I've removed the rubber o ring before on the insert and it was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve beat me to it. Ok to mix and match until you get an issue!

Stick to one.

May of been on a compression fitting come to think of it.

OP. You only need ask the question once. In one sub forum.

What you did is spamming.

Next time I may not have the patience to tidy things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special to Honeywell as all available inserts are 15mm to 10mm which do not fit as the compression nut has a 10mm hole, not a 15mm. Anyone know if you can...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon fellow plumbers I’m new to this site, I’m just after some advice please. So I have a customer who needs his old stopcock replacing, it’s black pipe coming up into the stopcock and then 15mm after, the black pipe is actually screwed to the bottom of the stopcock, I assume the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to upgrade both but the cold side insert will not shift at all. It genuinely is so tight that I am in danger of damaging the mounting even though I am...
Replies
Views
We have a Megaflo CL210 Cyclinder along with Evohome hot water kit and have come across a problem. We have had solar installed and a Myenergi Eddi solar diverter for hot water but when the Honeywell was originally installed they removed the bottom thermostat probe and inserted the Evohome...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I’ve just moved into a house with underfloor heating and I’m not sure how to turn it on/if it’s working. I have a small black handheld remote that doesn’t seem to be fully working (sometimes responds to touch, sometimes doesn’t). I don’t think I can insert pictures here but is there...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock