Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe Frost Stats Temp advice please.....Please!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I have a L641B1004 pipe Frost Stats andit was set at 25c in conjunction with a wall frost stat set at 5c.

But its been going on/off every night afew times keeping me awake (I Know it has been cold these past few nights). Itis for a Glow-worm flexicom 15k which is in the Garage. Is it ok to turn thepipe stat down to 10c.

I take it that is still a safetemperature for the winter and prevent frozen pipes? I usually have the heatingon for 1 hour in the morning and 3 hours on a night

sorry to be very dim (I have just movedinto the house and this is one of many things that are bugging me) - but why doHoneywell say it should be 25c? it seems a very high temp to have it at

Thanks in advance

The stat on the wall determines when the boiler fires for frost protection, providing the pipe stat is below set temperature.
The pipe stat switches the boiler off when the pipe is up to 25 or whatever it's set to.

Where's the wall stat mounted, house or garage?

Last edited:
Thanks for replying

the Frost stat is in the Garage as is the Pipe stat, along with the Boiler. The Wall stat is just above the boiler to the left of it. Currently set to 3/4c

Can someone please put my mind at rest??????????????????

I have a L641B1004 pipe Frost Stats and it was set at 25c in conjunction with a wall frost stat set at 5c.

But its been going on/off every night a few times keeping me awake (I Know it has been cold these past few nights). It is for a Glow-worm flexicom 15k which is in the Garage. Is it ok to turn the pipe stat down to 12 -15c.

I take it that is still a safe temperature for the winter and prevent frozen pipes? I usually have the heating on for 1 hour in the morning and 3 hours on a night

sorry to be very dim (I have just moved into the house and this is one of many things that are bugging me) - but why do Honeywell say it should be 25c? it seems a very high temp to have it at

The Frost stat is in the Garage as is the Pipe stat, along with the Boiler. The Wall stat is just above the boiler to the left of it. Currently set to 3/4c

Ask honeywell. Depends on the range of the pipestat. It's doing what it should do. Frost stat kicks in and fires boiler. Pipe stat, on the return, once satisfied cuts power to frost stat and stops boiler.

Saves a fortune on a frozen boiler.

Cheers simon

The Pipe stat has a range of 0c - 40c. If I keep it at 25c it fires 4 times a night and stays on 20 mins each time. Waking me up!!!!!

25c seems a very high temp for the return pipe as it should only be to avoid the pipe freezing but surely 12-15c should do that with the frost stat set at 4c?????

or do I not know what i am taking about?????

Thanks for your help by the way - appreciated

Even at 12 or 15 it will run for nearly 20 minutes as the stat should be on the return. This ensures total frost protection. But it may reduce the number of times it operates.

Cheers again Simon

I only want to reduce the amount of times it fires. Thanks again will keep it at 12-15c and see what happens over winter. At least I know it will not mean frozen pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe Frost Stats Temp advice please.....Please!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode for when away for a period of time such as a holiday, both of which disables the central heating system and both require it to be set manually. I have...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I have a ideal logic max boiler ( installed in Nov 2021) in the garage, water tank and pump in airing cupboard in the house. I have a frost stat in the garage set at 5c and a pipe stat on the return pipe to the boiler set at 10c. So can anyone explain why my radiators are still heating up on...
Replies
Views
Bypassboy
B
After being woken up a few times by clicking pipework when heating not on looked at setup in boilerhouse. Trying to figure out why there are 2 stats in there. One is Honeywell L641B1004 on flow pipe from boiler other is a Honeywell frost stat, model unknown but lowest setting is 5degC, set at 5...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a newly installed boiler which has built-in frost protection, when the installer installed this boiler, they did not disconnect the old external frost stat which is still wired to the boiler. I assume no newly installed boiler is still wired with old external frost stat, right? So I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock