Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe de burring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Does anyone have any alternative for de burring and cleaning copper pipe before soldering? I am down to my last threads of wire wool and have looking for something else to use.

Regards

rems or geberit pipe de burrer or monument tube cutters

Deburring tool from Toolstation amongst others.

Toolstation do a roll of emery cloth just spot on for cleaning , they last for years and are at least 100 miles long

dont go near wire wool anymore, just use the roll of emery everytime

Ive got the monument pipe de burring tools also, upto 42mm internal and external
And use emery cloth all the time, I've got a roll of wire wool for emergencys or if I'm cleaning paint off

Ive got the monument pipe de burring tools also, upto 42mm internal and external
And use emery cloth all the time, I've got a roll of wire wool for emergencys or if I'm cleaning paint off
Might have to try some emery.. Is it like a gauze?

I take it there good?

yea does internal and external double ended, the rems one you can fit on a drill if you get the right one, if you like your power tools

It does its job, saves my wrist so worth it. Not tested it against other ones. Was/is it worth ÂŁ150 ?
Don't press too hard tho, buggas the pipe haha

Last edited:
I have the rems one, though I probably wouldn't bother with the drill mountable one again though as its plenty good enough in handamatic.

The gerberit one linked above looks suspiciously similar.

Theres some that's like gauze and some is like the green part on your kitchen sponge
I don't like the scourer type, useless if you heat a pipe to get paint off, melts the cloth and burns your fingers lol even with gloves on

I don't like the scourer type, useless if you heat a pipe to get paint off, melts the cloth and burns your fingers lol even with gloves on

I only use wire wool if I've heated the pipe,

I find the emery cloth dose it fine on its own

Ok, I admit I'm not that 'clued up', but are we talking about: Pipe Deburing, or Pipe Cleaning? I'm guessing that the two are not the same, so if my guess is true, what has wire wool & emery cloth got to do with Pipe Deburing;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe de burring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock