Search the forum,

Discuss pipe cutters rothenberger kopex monument in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but they're similar to the bahco ones in the width of them, I tried the bahco ones and found them bad for threading the pipe , I know it's wrist action but never had a problem in 20 years until I used the thinner slices,
Bought a Bahco 22. Threaded the pipe after a really short time. Changed the wheel and it was great for about three cuts and its doing it again. Love my kopex.

I fancy a rothenberger rotrac one as an adition to my slices , anybody have one?

I have come to the fact that most pipesluces only last a few months if your lucky so I just lob them away when they start spinning.

The kopex used to be fantastic as I had one for years now the one that lasted the longest for me was hold on from city plumbing.

I have the todays tools ones from toolstation at the moment. They seem to be about the best. I have had the 22 over a year and its fine. Have only recently got the 15 but it seems great.

both those electric pipe slices are brilliant, especially if your wrist is broken/knackered, one learns with age to use anything that assists you to keep going.

A couple of years back I got a set from Williams with a red ratchet handle.

Other then the ratchet giving up the actual slice is still going as new with no maintenance. I just took the ratchet off Leaving me with a normal cutter.

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/pipe-cutting-tools/22mm-ratchet-pipeslice-cutter.html"]22mm Ratchet Pipeslice Cutter - Pipe Cutting Tools - Tools - Tools & Consumables | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, the Rothenberger pipe slice IS the Kopex one! Someone told me that although the patent ran out so we can get monument auto cut and the bahco ones now Kopex still have the trade mark on the name. So if it says Pipeslice on the packet then it's Kopex! Rothy just charge more for it!

Guys, the Rothenberger pipe slice IS the Kopex one! Someone told me that although the patent ran out so we can get monument auto cut and the bahco ones now Kopex still have the trade mark on the name. So if it says Pipeslice on the packet then it's Kopex! Rothy just charge more for it!

please register on the forums to avoid being removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe cutters rothenberger kopex monument in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock