Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe benders........, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
what have you got?
I need anew one for 15&22mm

Bend it now, they made the old hilmors

Are the new hilmor no so good?
They look good Ron , do they only do 15mm?

They are still expensice.
I will have a look at the bend it now

Are the new hilmor no so good?
They look good Ron , do they only do 15mm?
They do them on all sizes to be honest. I learned with those when I did my apprenticeship:)
These are a lot smaller than the ones from himore. I have both and usually I use the german ones. I could try to get you some percentage if you want them. I know quite a few ppl ...

Only English made one is bend it now or one of the ones they make for other brands. I think they make nerrad and maybe the Ox bender. They used to make the hilmor when it was made in the uk. The hilmor and record benders are now made in china I think, not as good tolerances/ quality.

The other option which is what I took is an near new second hand record of eBay. The record with the cranked arm.

Try and pick up an older hilmor they are bulletproof have an old one nearly 30 years paint worn off it but still perfect tried a newer one for a while gave it away just didn't feel as good or as strong

got ropped into buying a 'todays tools hand bender' citys was getting rid for new stock so only cost me £24. seems decent quality. Never will use it tho, don't even know why I bought it. my 20 year old hilmor is untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe benders........, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock