Search the forum,

Discuss Picky Customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
b298bb0ddc9cb6e6539a39eb57e0b178.jpg

How do you deal with them?

Was it faulty?
Or did they order cheap and cheerful.

Is it damaged and who supplied it

Polish it off with a 4 way nail polisher from boots. Great for marks in baths as well.

I would have told them where to shove the post its not a fan of little notes being left everywhere.

There are ways of doing things and that is not it

Would of been tempted to leave one for her "Faulty removed from veneer".

I'd be picky back, that doesn't look like a veneer to me. more like MFC

In all seriousness it depends on who supplied it. If it was you then it needs looking into, if they did then it's not your problem but you will happily replace it at a cost if they source the new replacement piece

you wouldnt want me there snagging, used to do it on ÂŁ1m jobs lol

just put them right leave note there and when done she has to cough up.
if shes wealthy, you wont get paid!

then leave sticky note next to heres and put 'adhesive residue mark left by previous stiky note' NOT COVERED

ensure your quote is big enough to put up with the hassle with a smile on your face. Just had one last weekend, an acquaintance off the boat, bought his own boiler and wanted all parts bought by himself, but I only gave him a list of major bits, the rest came out of my van stock. Every time he asked what it was all going to cost, being as it was labour only, I added another ÂŁ30 to the running total, he cottoned on eventually and shut up :) other issue was he kept cleaning up round me, so I just made more of a mess :) he didnt cotton on to that one, although his son who worked for me a while back was wetting himself, as he knew how fussy I was about keeping your customers home tidy and clean :):):)

I'll bend over backwards (so to speak) for a polite , respectful customer
When one gets uppity, I get very abrupt, to the point and just reply with yes/no answers to their inane questions
Told one to "fark off back down stairs and go and play with your car in the garage" a couple of yrs ago
Thought I went a bit far with that one, but he took it
If they are arrsy at the estimate stage, then the price rises according to their attitude

If they are arrsy at the estimate stage, then the price rises according to their attitude

Hopefully I've been doing it long enough now to suss them out at the estimate stage. If I get a bad feeling I decline the job. Life's too short to have to tolerate a**holes.

Last week I got sent through a list of defects on a job we did.

1/ Toilet flush in ensuite is too loud.
2/ The shower rail makes a hissing sound when using.
3/ The basin taps are very noisy when being used.

I replied that the equipment was supplied by others, and they purchaser should contact the manufacturer to organise a Tech or Rep to come out and inspect the fittings and tapware.

I also requested that, if possible, I could be present when the Tech / Rep is on site.

I would love to hear the explanations - from both sides

Last week I got sent through a list of defects on a job we did.

1/ Toilet flush in ensuite is too loud.
2/ The shower rail makes a hissing sound when using.
3/ The basin taps are very noisy when being used.

I replied that the equipment was supplied by others, and they purchaser should contact the manufacturer to organise a Tech or Rep to come out and inspect the fittings and tapware.

I also requested that, if possible, I could be present when the Tech / Rep is on site.

I would love to hear the explanations - from both sides

I wonder the thought process that made them think any of that is plumber's responsibility.

I wonder the thought process that made them think any of that is plumber's responsibility.

I can answer that.

The customer would have rung the 'Boutique Bathroom Supplier' who would have replied that 'they have never had this problem before', and it must be the plumber who installed the products.

I am salivating over getting back to the job and meeting the Rep.
I had a run in a couple of years ago with the bathroom supplier and have been waiting for this opportunity.

Bring it on

ensure your quote is big enough to put up with the hassle with a smile on your face. Just had one last weekend, an acquaintance off the boat, bought his own boiler and wanted all parts bought by himself, but I only gave him a list of major bits, the rest came out of my van stock. Every time he asked what it was all going to cost, being as it was labour only, I added another ÂŁ30 to the running total, he cottoned on eventually and shut up :) other issue was he kept cleaning up round me, so I just made more of a mess :) he didnt cotton on to that one, although his son who worked for me a while back was wetting himself, as he knew how fussy I was about keeping your customers home tidy and clean :):):)

This, definitely. We had a customer who was just like this recently. We had the 'pleasure' of installing 2 bathrooms and a new heating system for her. One of those customers who you can't keep happy no matter what you do. Her husband was a top bloke and she was a complete cow lol.

Kept smiling throughout knowing there was a big payday at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Picky Customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock