Search the forum,

Discuss PEX pipe question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

Is there any difference between the pex pipe sold by toolstation or screwfix (floplast) compared to JG pex pipe?
Are all makes of pex pipe compatible with speedfit

I stand to be corrected on this but I was always taught that you can use any fitting on any pipe it's all about using the correct insert for the pipe

Consider Hep2O with s/s inserts. New fittings recognise weakness inherent in previous which other brands continue to ignore. Had recent experience of pushfit elbow coming off 15mm copper pipe in upstairs bathroom following isolation at downstairs stopcock. Luckly, customers at home, knew I had not gone near fitting or bathroom and pipework not directly linked. Had an insurance claim been involved, with customers absent, a claim would be difficult to defend.
Elbow involved had grip insert in plastic as opposed to independent grip ring. Those who use them be aware.

Consider Hep2O with s/s inserts. New fittings recognise weakness inherent in previous which other brands continue to ignore. Had recent experience of pushfit elbow coming off 15mm copper pipe in upstairs bathroom following isolation at downstairs stopcock. Luckly, customers at home, knew I had not gone near fitting or bathroom and pipework not directly linked. Had an insurance claim been involved, with customers absent, a claim would be difficult to defend.
Elbow involved had grip insert in plastic as opposed to independent grip ring. Those who use them be aware.

It wasn't chromed copper pipe was it ? (as chrome must be removed before fitting)
Unless it was incorrectly fitted in the first place?

Still wouldn't use hep seen a few break on the seam and they leak after a few years

Still wouldn't use hep seen a few break on the seam and they leak after a few years
Do they fail through sloppy incorrect or clumsy installation. Plastic hep or speedfit seem to be used universally nowadays if they were that unreliable surely that wouldn't be the case.
I installed a shower 25 or more years ago using hepO2 pipe and fittings via the loft in very restricted space, it never leaked
I'm using mostly soldered copper to re- plumb my bathroom but I will need to use some plastic pipe work for convenience but I will make sure its accessible just in case.

I have to say the only leaking plastic fittings I ever have to change are Hep. Speedfit and Pushfit seem to handle the rigours better

Don't mix fittings on pex pipe use hep for hep , speed fit for speed fit , or any other make I find hep just a bit more flexible so I use that don't really like any of it really but sometimes you have no choice . Regards k

I have to say the only leaking plastic fittings I ever have to change are Hep. Speedfit and Pushfit seem to handle the rigours better

How does JG layflat pipe perform it's softer material do the fittings stay on ok?
I have always struggled with the coiled normal stuff worst of all 22mm

Slightly easier as you dont have to fight with it not had any issues with it i still find it stiffer and the fittings are more bulky but its been around along time so each to their own really .

I stand to be corrected on this but I was always taught that you can use any fitting on any pipe it's all about using the correct insert for the pipe

Problem with mixing is it invalidates the warranty..not sure that getting any kind of compensation from manufacturer over a failed fitting ever happened though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PEX pipe question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am repiping my radiators with pex al pex, manifolds. 2 zones one 4 rads and one 2 rads. I will have the circulator pumps on the return. The picture is sorta what I am going for My questions are: where should I install my expansion tank? what else should I have/add into the piping? if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to be able to learn some things as well as contribute as best I can. This might seem like an odd query, but I need to determine what kinds of plumbing pipes I have, and approximately what percentage of each type. I'd appreciate any help with this...
Replies
Views
I have about 6 metres of 22mm PEX to run through concrete and understand I need to have it in flexible conduit to offer a bit of protection and allow the pipe to expand. Is this the stuff you guys would use or are there other alternative products...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products. I'm doing two zones, one 127m the other 70m, both will be under screed. JG barrier pipe will cost £400 but Pert-Evoh-Pert is only £170. Both say they are 15mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock