Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Pellet boiler in the Renewable Energy area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

This bit of a boring one no doubt but please bare with me.
    windhager pellet boiler 26kw with s plan controls inside a boiler room
    regomat blending valve on back boiler simular to the laddomat fitted to pump control on boilet
    800 lt buffer tank linked to 500lt dhw tank
    jgufh1 wiring centres one up one down
    presently boiler fires up from boiler enable from wiring centres when thermostats call

I want the boiler to fire up when the buffer needs charging not when heating keeps calling
    any ideas ?
    do i disconect the boiler from boiler enable
    install a two port valve and a cylinder stat into a new wiring centre connect boiler up to wiring centre so it works independant to the ufh,or could i connect the boiler control cable straight to a cylinder stat on the buffer ?
    any ideas please peter

2. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

Call for heat should run pumps only. Pellet boiler should fire on demand via buffer temp sensors. Not familiar with Windhager wiring but I wouldn't use a call for heat at all.

3. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

Cheers nostrum
    Do you think i could wire the boiler control lead into a cylinder stat on the buffer,this would make the boiler completely independant from ufh.or is this a no go?
    I have a lead from the windhager.two connectors one got pump written on it and the other has a room control written on the connector inside the connector there is sw/live ,perm live ,neutral,and earth.

4. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

Do you not have buffer sensors installed? Should be no need for a cylinder stat.

5. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

No sensor installed ,the only thing thats controlling water temp is the boiler ,

6. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

What boiler model is it and who installed it (and when)?

7. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

Windhager exclusive 26
    Its 2008 model
    I installed it two weeks ago,

8. Worcester

Worcester Plumber

So no DomRHI then :)

I would control the pellet boiler from the buffer.

What temperature pockets / sockets or spare tappings does the buffer tank have? What size and where are they? 2 or 4 port buffer configuration?

I wouldn't control the boiler from the heating system - the call for heat from the heating system just switches on the heating system circulations pump(s), so treats the buffer as the heat source.

The boiler then considers the buffer as its load.

We like to have at least three electronic temperature sensors on the buffer, though it's easy enough to set up a two probe system with a hysteresis controller that sends a call for heat to the boiler. You can pick a fully programmable one up with sensors for less than £100. (Most modern pellett boilers have those kind of controls built in)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  9. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

I have two pockets one side and two pockect on the opposite side same heights mirroring each other,the hysteresis controller what makes are there ?

10. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

I can't find a manual for this boiler which sets out the electrical connections.

The boiler should accept temperature sensors (PT1000 or similar) which can be set for top and bottom. The Windhager should have all this built in as its an advanced piece of kit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

Thanks worcester i contacted windhager they said excactly what you said and kind enough told me about a german electronic sensor two probe sensor controller which i have ordered thats cheaper than there branded one like you said just under the 100 ,have you any idea what temperature i should set top and bottom sensors?
    Thanks for your advice just got wire it up when rocks up now
    Peter

12. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

Do you have a link to the controller they recommend at all?

13. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member

Link ?
    There is a electric controller connection from the boiler that they said i can connect to with a live neutral and switch live and earth,
    Petrr

14. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

Sorry I mean a web link to wherever you bought it from so I can have a look, future reference etc

15. march1971dogs

march1971dogs New Member