Search the forum,

Discuss Part Required - Flush Bottom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Firstly, it should be known I am not a qualified plumber nor do I have much experience with plumbing, but I am generally ok with DIY.

I moved into a new house and the button press on the toilet was not working properly. Either the button would get stuck down so that the water kept flowing through, or the button got stuck off and the toilet would not flush. Eventually, it the button was pressed so hard, the clip holding the flush bottom in place broke. Therefore, I am in need of a new one. I should have attached some pictures so that you can see what I mean.

What is supposed to happen is you press the button on the cistern lid, so that the flush bottom below button is pressed down, lifting the lever up which is attached to the chain that allow the plug to be lifted from the bottom of the cistern, allowing the water flush through into the toilet pan.

I did try to locate a make/model for the toilet, but the only thing I can see on the whole system is an imprint of MDYA051 on the cistern and I haven't had much luck finding anything through that.

Any help on where I can source a replacement part would be appreciated.

IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1616.jpg IMG_1617.jpg

any chance of a pic of the cistern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part Required - Flush Bottom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock