Search the forum,

Discuss Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make them for the idiots who can't work a bending machine or even a spring if you're stuck

Make them for the idiots who can't work a bending machine or even a spring if you're stuck

Yea but what gets me by the time you cleaned and solded you could of learnt how to bend one its not hard

Obviosly it is to the brain dead Shaun lol

:D I'm even sure for the thickos they could make a wooden template :D but year your right or its even they don't care what it looks like snot all over, solder on half the fitting due to being wiped too soon etc

Make me think of this

image.jpg

Not bg but another big comp they had to change there name after my internal email went round :D must of spent 20 on fittings

but they didn't need a hot works or disable the smoke alarm system which might have meant out of hours working to do that retro-fit did they, is it in someone house ? It's not pretty but you often need to know the whole story.

The whole problem isn't the players its the game. Blame the cants in whitehall for making up the rules on the advice of people with ulterior motives based on profits.
We are on the wrong end of the game and always will be

I believe in this case Tamz it was not profit led (for a change) but as a result of an MP's daughters death through electrocution, very sad but we ended up with this very poor add on to the BR.
As this was a Statute it did not go through the parliamentary scrutiny process.

Part P - for plumbers, heating engineers or for any one else who comes in contact with electrical systems as per of their normal work activities.

It is I believe in the proses of being chanced again so I would not advice anyone not to jump in until it is clear.
What gets me is that some of the CPS providers took it upon themselves to say that you can't join unless you have a full electrical NVQ, even if you are only completing work under to old limited or defined scope, the revised Part P AD did not say that.
I can understand them trying to stop the ones who had completed a 5dayer wiring whole houses but to claim that I need an NVQ to do what I needed to do as part of my job is equally wrong.

They have to accept that electricity is such a part of other trades work that it just can't be reclaimed for the exclusivity of those strange beast who call themselves Electricians.

i did part p defined scope and full scope, but thinking about it realistically, it was too much additional to the job. You, like Gas safe have to register with a governing body, buy the tester (aprox £600) then as soon as you touch the system you become responsible for the whole system, so by the time you have checked everything is safe you may have added another 2 hours to your day.
just worth thinking about before you waste £1000 on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock