Search the forum,

Discuss Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I think it's time for me to get a part p. I am trying to move my business in the direction of heating engineering and certified electrical installations.
whats my options regarding part p courses? Is it still a cheeky 2 day course to be a domestic installer or has that changed?
my gas is the ultimate goal but the sparks will go hand in hand with the gas

like putting in a bath and tiling

Watch and wait for now I guess. Ask on the sparky forum?

We are Niceic approved contractors and I spoke to the tech helpline the other day on a different but related matter and they had not heard Part P was being phased out, it was a surprise to them especially when they are a major part of the IEE who write the regs.

We are Niceic approved contractors and I spoke to the tech helpline the other day on a different but related matter and they had not heard Part P was being phased out, it was a surprise to them especially when they are a major part of the IEE who write the regs.

People have been saying for ages that Part P is being phased out but there are still training providers offering courses, and even the really condensed "Defined scope" Part P which is what I did a few years back.

I stand corrected.
Not yet, we will probably find an article in the sun next week telling us it's true and will be replaced with a Part P Phase 2. So everyone has to pay more money again.

whats the defined scope?
I got no interest in re wiring a house just not paying a sparkie to come in to fit a shower or a spur

whats the defined scope?
I got no interest in re wiring a house just not paying a sparkie to come in to fit a shower or a spur

do you have an mft ? and define to fit a shower just fit it with existing connections eg no new wire if yes you can already do that

I suspect There may be ammendments to part p but ill eat my hat if they phase that legislation out and rewrite it.

I suspect There may be ammendments to part p but ill eat my hat if they phase that legislation out and rewrite it.

+1 they wernt happy with the ammmont of call backs niceic were getting about part p installers doing bad/ wrong set ups

Part P is a Building regulation and will not be phased out.

It's been updated and probably will be updated again in the future.
It includes the requirements to self certify electrical work.

I tried to find out about a supposed part P course that was mentioned in HVP and the provider told me that they don't do it anymore as it's not valid now and everyone has to do the 17th edition etc.
They wanted 3K of me for a 20 day course :(
I haven't got that kind of money, or the time to spend at this point in the year, but I would like to do a part P course so if anyone knows of a provider that's definitely doing this then please post on here so we can all benefit before it changes for good.

Well done mate at last someone has pointed me in the right direction. Tried getting advice from the electrician forum and God it's hard work

I did the defined scope part p in 2005.
I now believe this route into registration with a scheme provider is now closed. At least 1 employee must be fully qualified and be classed as an inspector ??

Well done mate at last someone has pointed me in the right direction. Tried getting advice from the electrician forum and God it's hard work

You just need to know the right people to ask :) and that's where I got my info from it being axed

I can get on a part p from a dozen providers within a 30 second google search.
Part p is not being axed - it is a current building reg.

I can get on a part p from a dozen providers within a 30 second google search.
Part p is not being axed - it is a current building reg.

That doesn't mean anything and they could just state you must be 17ed which = part p

Ohh yes - Of course it means nothing.

And they may also phase out gas safe.

Do a google yourself - i have been considering doing it myself and have found a multitude of providers both locally and nationally

Ohh yes - Of course it means nothing.

And they may also phase out gas safe.

Do a google yourself - i have been considering doing it myself and have found a multitude of providers both locally and nationally

well you never know it might go back to corgi and already 17th ed :)

with the additional costs of being with a competent person scheme and the cost of tester, I get a sparks in if it needs a cert. unless you are going to do new circuits etc then need to do 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock