Search the forum,

Discuss Part P and plumbing info request. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nick penfold

Hey all.

Another quick question if any one can help please.
I have been looking in to part P and what i need as a plumber to satisfy legal requirements.

So far i have a headache and about 25 printed pages of legal gobbedygook.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms what i need.

Do i need to do a course so that i may

*reconnect the wiring in an electric shower (not the double pole switch).
*work with the electrical continuity bonding.
*wiring of an immersion element.
*installing of pumps.
*fit water heaters

Any help from you experienced guys out there would be great thanks

Nick

for any electrical work you should have part p, any installation needs the wires testing the only thing that you can do without testing is the continuity bonding but i have been told that the bonding may be scraped as you cannot bond plastic pipes, also the 17th edition electrical book is out now and i have been told that the bathroom must be on its own fuse. i am still on 16 edition but will have to retrain for the new regs, but i am not sure it will be worth it.

Ok, cheers for the reply uug!
Now, i have been looking at courses to satisfy the part P requirement, and have had no real success.

The college NVQ2 im on briefly covers electrical work with regard to safety and i have connected showers after replacing like for like.
My problem is i need specific electrical training for a plumber. All the courses im finding so far seem to be aimed at electricians or people with good electrical know how. As a new plumber wanting to stay legal, what course should i be looking for?

All this legislation and regulation although good at minimising cowboys also seems to make it increasingly hard for the sole trader and small business man to have much success.

I'd appreciate any help you experienced guys can give.

Nick

You can attend pre part p courses where they bring you up to scratch before taking part in the qualification.

The info you learn from your 6129 should be sufficient to be 'competent' in understanding electrics, for your part p course :)

PPL in York (i know its a long way) do plumbing courses and Part P aimed at Plumbers they have a web site and if you call them you need to talk to james.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part P and plumbing info request. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock