Search the forum,

Discuss P trap above the floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

W

whiteg

Hi all,
I have a basement shower p trap which was installed above the floor. Not sure why and curious if any experts can see something I do not?
7a806fd8b106c29a7fa051744a6d8173.jpg

is it going on legs / raised ?

It could be a temporary trap for over the weekend or until the shower tray gets fitted, your plumber will know a lot better than any of us :)

What you see in the pic is permanent or at least was permanent. Not sure if there's a second trap under the cement. Almost guessing there might be but why would original plumber/armchair plumber do it like this?

Reply to P trap above the floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Terrible diagram. But can I set up a bathroom like this. I’ll be getting a plumber to do it but before I call the plumber I’d like to know my options as I’ll be building the walls etc… I can’t have p trap directly under shower drain due to lack of room. So it runs 60cm to external wall with p...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is correct as well) My waste pipe is 32mm and mounted in the floor. I will be mostly solvent welding However when I look at the top of the p-trap, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock