Search the forum,

Discuss P,d,m brass fittings is it for imperial or metric pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went after college to do a homer but I had limited material as I didn't know what to expect. I Went to change the bath taps for a bath mixer but before I cut any pipe I noticed the brass fittings are stamped p,d,m can someone tell me if the copper pipe will be metric or imperial. So I know if I need green rings for next time I go round I'll be prepared.

Any old skool plumbers out there I just want to say I respect the patience and skill that was involved compared to nowadays.
as this bath pipe work must of been done first then the bath.

I can't really answer your question as I can't say I've seen it.

What you want to do is buy a few Stanley organisers and get a few fittings of each in compression and end feed and male irons female irons type thing. Then olives, fibre washers etc then you don't have to worry.

I can't really answer your question as I can't say I've seen it.

What you want to do is buy a few Stanley organisers and get a few fittings of each in compression and end feed and male irons female irons type thing. Then olives, fibre washers etc then you don't have to worry.

Then continue for a few years and you will have almost a mobile merchant like most of us on here

Good idea I'll do that. I didn't know you can get imperial and metric yorkie couplin. Amazing the stuff you can buy nowadays.

Good idea I'll do that. I didn't know you can get imperial and metric yorkie couplin. Amazing the stuff you can buy nowadays.

you cant only end feed

IMG_1261.jpg

Just for you lol
I got about six boxes left from a job lot I bought

would you be willing to sell some (ie one or two boxes)?

You can get solder ring (identical to Yorkshire) 3/4" x 22mm connectors in other brands

You can get solder ring (identical to Yorkshire) 3/4" x 22mm connectors in other brands

link as have asked locally for a few years and they say the only ones they know of are yorkshire (which dont make them any more) or endfeed

(decent ones)

Last edited:
link as have asked locally for a few years and they say the only ones they know of are yorkshire (which dont make them any more) or endfeed

(decent ones)
Williams do them in endfeed and solder ring
only the 22-3/4 in SR though

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah as above get some organisers, don't buy cheap wait till the good ones are on offer and get a few then solder/compression/iron/odds that you wont know you need till you need them
/one for toilet and tap spares and repairs/and such

I went after college to do a homer but I had limited material as I didn't know what to expect. I Went to change the bath taps for a bath mixer but before I cut any pipe I noticed the brass fittings are stamped p,d,m can someone tell me if the copper pipe will be metric or imperial. So I know if I need green rings for next time I go round I'll be prepared.

Any old skool plumbers out there I just want to say I respect the patience and skill that was involved compared to nowadays.
as this bath pipe work must of been done first then the bath.

If you're talking about brass soldered fittings on existing pipe, then I would think it will be original 3/4
Do you have to change pipe work to change taps, maybe enough play in pipes to accommodate new taps
The thread length should be similar

Sorry what I meant was comp fittings with imperial olives

You can also get imp/met couplers in soldered and they are handy to have a few of.

If you're talking about brass soldered fittings on existing pipe, then I would think it will be original 3/4
Do you have to change pipe work to change taps, maybe enough play in pipes to accommodate new taps
The thread length should be similar

I wouldn't bet on the threads being same length if it is old 3/4" copper with brass soldered connectors. It would be very old and most likely the threads will be longer, therefore leaving the old pipes short of the new taps.

Two flecks and two convertor rings with luck you won't need to cut any pipe as they could be a straight swoop if you want to keep it solid pipework take 4 3/4 tap extenders

The pipe work is really tight space. I was going to use pushfit flexi with jg imperial conversion couplin.

The pipe work is really tight space. I was going to use pushfit flexi with jg imperial conversion couplin.

I have never had to use push fit or flexies.
If the pipes are too short you can cut the front one out and do the back pipe first.
Actually easier anyhow to do that, even if pipes are correct length.
A couple of brass connectors and job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to P,d,m brass fittings is it for imperial or metric pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock