Search the forum,

Discuss Overthinking diagnosis or just incorrect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a boiler breakdown yesterday, Vaillant turnomax 242/1 E

Put it in demand and nothing.. has power. No lights advising lockout. Reset boiler. Nothing.

Getting 240v on pump terminal on PCB but nothing at pump so I figure there's a break in the cable so have put it down for a new pump.

There is no manual reset overheat stat, not that I could fine anyway.

Now I'm wondering if I've missed something stupidly easy?!?!? Overthinking it???

No if pump gas 240 going out from pcb pump should run

Did you multimeter the leads to check no break ? / are you getting 240 on connector/ terminal on pump ?

No if pump gas 240 going out from pcb pump should run

Did you multimeter the leads to check no break ? / are you getting 240 on connector/ terminal on pump ?
No getting less than a volt at pump.. didn't check continuity of lead.. for some reason I was a bit anxious so it didn't register to do that.. spoke to Vaillant earlier and they said same as I thought and what you're saying.. most likely a break in the cable as there are no manual reset stats.. just waiting to see if this company want me to go back and do the work so I guess I'll see when I change the pump - will test the lead first to see if I can just change the lead

Yea break in the wire somewhere

You might be able to tell if you have a volt pen and lay it on the wire and go slowly up the wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overthinking diagnosis or just incorrect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock