Search the forum,

Discuss Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
***bria handyman your Probibly holding your rothy grips the wrong away as well these can cost vital seconds

I cant believe you lot are arguing over how long it takes to do an outside tap !!!

It is fun..

Handyman ***bria do u check for leeks

. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340141323.517999.jpg

In all honesty tho its an hour to fit outside tap , 20 mins of work 40 mins drinking tea !

Personally I am fed up with drilling securing fixing holes on centres, that are & always have been, too close. Particulary annoying with brickwork cladding.
My solution is: fix a square timber wallplate, maybe 100mm or 120 mm square, direct to the wall with exterior grade construction glue & secure with two positioning screws (yes drilling into masonry is needed but less precision). tThen fix the tap using stainless pozi or Philips head screws which are easier to drive & hold much more securely.
Then paint the timber.
It takes longer but it will never come loose unlike all the bloomin exterior taps in my home.

Last edited by a moderator:
So because this other handyman takes 2 hours means we do?

I'd take double the time to lay a floor than a joiner would!

So because this other handyman takes 2 hours means we do?

I'd take double the time to lay a floor than a joiner would!

Not sure many joiners fit floors, did you mean carpenters?

For no other reason than you claim to be able to fit outside taps in half an hour or less, I have to assume that you are not actually a plumber or your own experience would tell you otherwise.

See you around Walter...

in my country the person who fits the doors on the site is a joiner, am i wrong? :sweatdrop:

don't you mean jeiner lol

im not really a plumber im a delivery boy for dominos, i just have an interest in plumbing

nandos it is tonight! jeiner thats right, my mrs hates me for that.. hate isnt even strong, i also say beiler

carpenter???
what era are we in 50 BC!!!!!

Carpenters as you call them in this day and age are either chippie's ,joiners or labourers

119 posts about an ootside tap? Is this what the forum is reduced too? Really you should all be posting about.....

..........The reason I don't use flexies is.......

Now that's a REAL forum topic. Amateurs the lot of ya. :jester:

And by the way I win. I can install mains water to a garden in 3 minutes. It's called a big hose from the kitchen sink.

Last edited by a moderator:
119 posts about an ootside tap? Is this what the forum is reduced too? Really you should all be posting about.....

..........The reason I don't use flexies is.......

Now that's a REAL forum topic. Amateurs the lot of ya. :jester:

And by the way I win. I can install mains water to a garden in 3 minutes. It's called a big hose from the kitchen sink.

So You do use flexies?

So it's confirmed, plumbers can do an outside tap in 30 minutes or less.

carpenter???
what era are we in 50 BC!!!!!

Carpenters as you call them in this day and age are either chippie's ,joiners or labourers

??????????

2012 - Generally carpenters are what you would see on site doing 1st fix items like
roofs, studwork, etc and 2nd fix items like hanging doors, fitting architraves
& skirtings.

Joiners are more often workshop based and will make
things like stairs, windows, doors etc.

DS

Yeah that my friend is were you are wrong, we are not all limited in our abilites as a ploding handyman

Isn't it about time someone invented a flexi outside tap, then the thread would last at least until the end of the century.

On a lighter note I was discussing the forum with a customer today only to be told "you don't get out much do you".

Friday night 8pm - posting about outside taps, it doesn't get any better than this. - heads towards fridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

posting about outside taps, it doesn't get any better than this. - heads towards fridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mention of compulsive computer and fridge abuse made me think of a quotation...

The challenge of life is to be present for it while it is happening, in this moment, to be aware of it in a way that is both wide in perspective and deep in understanding. If you pester priests to know about a second life after this one, I must ask if you are using this one. Whoever is spending this life walking back and forth from the computer to the refrigerator, it is worth wondering how many thousands of years of this would be enough. This life is enough, if you are here for it. The people worried about death are the ones not truly living. They are the ones who know in their hearts that they need more time.
-Jennifer Michael Hecht

What is the problem, just because you can't do the job in 30 minutes then nobody can?

Another Walter Mitty...

Challenge - someone, anyone post a vidio of you doing an outside tap in 30 minutes or less and I will post a video of me walking on hot coals.

Bib tap
Wall mount
Hole drill
Lining
Copper pipe
Soldered joints
Double check valve
Isolation valve
Check for earth bonding
Clean up, etc, etc, etc.

I did a outside tap once in 15 mins ,then moved on to the birdy song dance and finished off the 1/2 hour stint with YMCA

Customer well impressed !! even got a tip .......he was a fouled mouthed .........................

:rolleyes4:

Another Walter Mitty...

Challenge - someone, anyone post a vidio of you doing an outside tap in 30 minutes or less and I will post a video of me walking on hot coals.

Bib tap
Wall mount
Hole drill
Lining
Copper pipe
Soldered joints
Double check valve
Isolation valve
Check for earth bonding
Clean up, etc, etc, etc.

Do they make tapes long enough to film you doing it?

I've been doing this cack for 34 years and no way would I do an outside tap in 30 minutes unless it was one of those B&Q self cutting valve/hose jobs which once I did in 15 mins.

No two pipework layouts are the same under any sink I've worked on and in most cases adapting new pipework on to the existing takes some doing. On a very few ocassions the pipework comes through the wall and connects straight away very easily and quickly, but these are few and far between. New builds are the easiest to install an outside tap as the pipework is still fresh and hasn't been tampered with by diy'ers.

Anyone that can do an outside tap in 25-30 minutes in the buildings I work in can have the many hundreds of these I install every Summer subbed out to them.

Bloody Porkies, aye right, 25 minutes. Did you forget to test for leaks as well pal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock