Search the forum,

Discuss Outside tap internal double check valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If fitting and outside tape with an internal double check valve, as water regs states. Do you then just fit a normal outside tap or still one with a built in double check?

doesnt matter but the ones built in are for replacing ones with no dcv

As above really doesn't matter it needs the internal double check no matter what, I just take what the merchants give me, if your local is selling the taps without the dcv for cheaper then get that

Thanks and if you fit one with a dcv. Would effectively having 4 check valves on the supply not be a problem. As above will likely go for the tap without a dcv as they are cheaper I think.

i sue these but your hole needs to be neat

Hose Union Back Plate ½" | Garden Taps | NoLinkingToThis

Do you use a backplate elbow. Or the hose union backplates they do for outside taps now?

you can use both but backplate elbow mean pipe on show

Does anyone bother sleeving the pipe with 22mm?

and no not really and you cant esp if your using the hose union backplate

So the hose union backplate is seen as the best way of doing it this days? Have always used a backplate elbow but I think this was before the hose backplate came out.

Not as far as I'm concerned. Give me a backplate elbow, anyday.

Any pipe external should be insulated, I use the hose union style where possible and wrap the pipe in duct tape to stop corrosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap internal double check valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from running. This valve does seem very stiff. I am assuming I have to turn the value clockwise since if I turn it anti-clockwise it actually starts dripping...
Replies
Views
If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the flexi filling loop in place (Taps closed) would you remove it or leave it be? Also if you notice one valve open and the other closed, once again, would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock