Search the forum,

Discuss OUTSIDE BOILER PIPE DRIPPING DOWN WALL in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
The outside overflow pipe to my boiler drips down the wall and a neighbour said I need to attach a pipe to it and run it down to the ground so that waste water goes into ground and not down the brickwork.
I am a pretty amateur at DIY but wondered if anyone could help explain how I would fix a pipe to the brass pipe that comes out of the house and what sort of fittings and pipe I would require?
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Bruce

If it's a copper pipe then you need a gas safe engineer to come and fix your boiler as the pressure release is activating.
If it's a white plastic pipe then yes, your neighbour is correct.
You say brass, so I'm guessing it's the copper from the pressure release, get an engineer in to have a look.

Oh and the pressure release is a safety feature, so don't ignore it.

Thank you so much for replying to this. much appreciated. Forgive my ignorance but I'm a touch confused. There's nothing wrong with the boliler (as far as I know). Was serviced a few months back. I think the water dips out that pipe when I have manually added water to the bolier to bring the pressure up and over done it slightly (the boiler technician told me I was over doing it). My concern is the brickwork to the house getting damp.
Is it possible to add a pipe to the copper pipe without damaging the integrity of the boiler? Again hugely grateful for your help

You should only top the pressure upto 1-1.5 (cold) and 2-2.5 (hot) maximum

Your pressure relief Is set at 3 bar so unless your topping up and over 3 bar it shouldn't drip

If it does it needs your gas safe engy to replace it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OUTSIDE BOILER PIPE DRIPPING DOWN WALL in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock