Search the forum,

Discuss outhouse utility room conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill

im converting an out house into a utility room. their is already a drain for sewage as theres a working toilet in there. we want a washer in there. plumbing in the washer is easy really. going too draw off the water form the toilet supply pipe as theres good pressure and flow so the tricky bit is how do i convert the old cast iron soil pipe from the wc so i can drain off from the washer into it? someone did suggest that i can just drain the washer water outside on to gravel but i figured this sounds somewhat dodgy as the waste water would be full of chemical from soaps and detergents. any advise would be good cheers. also i do think this outhouse used to be a utility room or someone has tried as along with light theres recently tested electrics in there eg sockets and trips etc.

Cast%20Iron%20Soil%20Strap%20on%20Boss%20TX4092.jpg
Cast iron soil pipe boss

I don't personally like connecting to cast so I would replace all of part of the stack with plastic and use a boss or a stap on boss onto plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outhouse utility room conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock