Search the forum,

Discuss Outbuilding cold - please help :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, i have an outbuilding about 25 metres away from the house and I want to install a radiator in there. I didnt want to spend days putting the pipe underground and finding it dont work so I got 50 metres of pipe and attached it to (and back) one of the radiators in the conservatory and then to a radiator in the garden, just to test if it would heat up being that far away from the house.

It didnt heat up, in fact the pipes from the conservatory barley warmed up after an hour ( the house rads heated up fine)

Is there a solution to this? Someone suggested fitting an in-line pump next to the radiator in the outbuilding :-/

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Electric oil rad

Extending you CH to the out house isn't the right solution. As mentioned, an electric oil filled radiator would be the best solution.

You can buy specially insulated pipework for this situation but at 25m you'd be an utter fool to do it.

The pipe outer dia would be approx 300mm, internal pipework of 25-28mm and it'd have to be buried pretty deep.

Then, the modifications to your htg system, including additional controls, & the huge running losses incurred would take donkeys years (if ever) to recover. It will cost you far less to put in good insulation and run electric heating.

Thanks guys - lots of replys all pointing towards the same solution, Im going to go with an electric oil rad. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Reply to Outbuilding cold - please help :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock