Search the forum,

Discuss Out of Interest - Which private centres are busy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzy

Hi All,

I am eager to hear from all on here wheather your involved with, been on, currently on or just observing how busy private centres are.

I was told that hundreds were going these centres all over the country just a few years ago, theres plenty on here trained at such centres. Some have good experiences some not so. Im not looking for feedback on quality as such just interetsed to know how many candiates are now trainig there. YOu would expect in the current economic climate that the demand would drop off, is this the case? what wil they do with the new qualificiaitions?

tell me your expeience if your on the course now especially. there are numerous centres all over the UK :)

Hi All,

I am eager to hear from all on here wheather your involved with, been on, currently on or just observing how busy private centres are.

I was told that hundreds were going these centres all over the country just a few years ago, theres plenty on here trained at such centres. Some have good experiences some not so. Im not looking for feedback on quality as such just interetsed to know how many candiates are now trainig there. YOu would expect in the current economic climate that the demand would drop off, is this the case? what wil they do with the new qualificiaitions?

tell me your expeience if your on the course now especially. there are numerous centres all over the UK :)

Im presuming not so many then?

i was hoping to generate some feedback with this thread but not 1 reply!

Am I to presume that there are not as many people in training now so not as many to post information? I know other threads have info but this asks for particular info on numbers and nobody either wants to or can reply, any ideas why?
There appear to be less wanna be plumbers on this board than there was 2 years ago, am i to read into that?:confused:

There's two gone out of business mentioned at this site so far this year.

Thanks WHPES. Ive seen it written but didnt realise it was confirmed, its it the thin end of the wedge?

you dont mean BTCS do you as i have see an advert for them in the local press only this morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
No the two I am referring to are MPK Associates in York and Access 2 Trade Careers which have both gone bust.

What happened to people already on the course?

Bad luck I'm afraid. People who had already part completed the course can carry on where they left off but everyone will have to fork out again to a new training centre.

Bad luck I'm afraid. People who had already part completed the course can carry on where they left off but everyone will have to fork out again to a new training centre.

Did they get their money back?

Not as far as I am aware unless you paid by credit card and are protected. Even if you do put a claim to the receivers there are usually few remaining assets and so many creditors that everyone will each end up with peanuts.

Not as far as I am aware unless you paid by credit card and are protected. Even if you do put a claim to the receivers there are usually few remaining assets and so many creditors that everyone will each end up with peanuts.

This must be scary for anyone wanting to start with a private centre now, if 2 have gone bust it shows theres a problem. When we are talking of the big money you have to pay it would worry me!

I guess the best option if taking up training privately is to pay by credit card or pay monthly installments.
Ask plenty of questions and read the T&C's.

There are new starters who have paid thousands to start their course and lost everything.

Best to pay by installments.

i read on another thread that some centres have gone bust, who are they? does anyone have a link please?

SGAS in Blackpool is very busy - its a small independent, and has no local competition. I was there this week doing my part P. blokes coming from far away - isle of man !!
good team of four blokes running it.

SGAS in Blackpool is very busy - its a small independent, and has no local competition. I was there this week doing my part P. blokes coming from far away - isle of man !!
good team of four blokes running it.
small centres running full cos courses at a reasnoable fee should do fine.
large centres exploiting people will not survive

ive started a course with olci, havent had a work shop yet my first one is a week monday, looking forward to it to be honest :D

Did they get their money back?

speaking to a guy who was at atl in southamton last time i was there. the company he was with went bust but he got his money back but had to start all the course work back again but ki would do the work again if i got the money back and thank me stars

Steve Willis in burgess hill is a good one.
Always busy, offer loads of courses and been running quite a while too.

I've done 6129 and a raft of Bpec certs at PPL York, they're okay although I was very cautious having heard the horror stories. The tutors are well experienced and usually very friendly. ( I like 'em anyway) Could be better communication, could be more organised but overall I have had a good experience with them and learnt a lot more than I expected to (been dabbling for 25 years and off).

Good advice on the credit (not debit) card payment AND installments, PPL were happy to work this way.

Advice? PPL are good enough if you are not expecting to be spoon fed and are willing to investigate things for yourself. Don't suppose they'll ever see this but would like to say thanks to Jay, Richie, Paul, the Kev's and the lasses in the office. Met a good group of lads there also who made the learning easier and richer.

happy days!

spoon fed, so many adult learners think its the only way, suppose its coz thats how they were taught years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Out of Interest - Which private centres are busy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi All Your favourite sponsor has FIVE (count them, one, two, three, four, FIVE) Intergas boilers to give away. Each one is worth a thousand (inc VAT) of your Great British Pounds. Absolutely free. No charge. Not a penny. We will even throw in a jig, flue kit and delivery. Your bank balance...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
WITH ALL THE REGULATIONS IN PLACE THESE DAYS, WE MUST BE SAFER NOW. AS YOU WILL SEE FROM THE (CO) CHART AT THE BOTTOM WITH ALL THE SAFER DESIGNS OF BOILERS ALL THE CONTROLLING BODIES, BELOW SMOKE ALARMS LESS OPEN FIRES HAVE WE ACHIEVED ANYTHING BY BEING GAS REGISTERED THERE ARE OVER 200000 ROAD...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all I'm looking for some advice on Plumbing/Gas courses, I'm currently working in Iraq doing private security and before then I was in the army so I have no experience in the trade but I'm very eager to learn and willing to spend the money to get a level of training needed to gain the...
Replies
Views
whitenoise
W
M
I am a painter & decorator with no previous plumbing experience and through the ever deteriorating situation within my trade have decided to move on and do a gas course and eventually become a gas engineer. So about a week ago i took sum time off and decided to find myself the right course and...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
M
Hi, i'm new to this forum and am looking for some advice on Plumbing courses, so far i have spoken to a few 'Train4Trade' (with their virtual plumbing software, sounds a bit geeky to me not hands on) and Trade Qualified, who although a bit more expensive offer some good add ons. Train4Trade...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock