Search the forum,

Discuss Out of fresh ideas and no1 knows lol Ahh HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daveleaver

Alright everyone

Posted on here ages ago got fantastic advice and a boiler recomenedation.

This is the story

All new rads x5 with old pipework and combi. Had a poor ideal isar he30 boiler loosing pressure.

Isolated rads from boiler which is in the loft so highest part of the CH system. Turned out it was the boiler loosing pressure so got a ideal logic plus installed.

Last week no dhw chexked pressure and guess what 0bar. So pressurised to a bar and isolated the rads again within 18 hours dropped from 1.0 to 0.8.

I have contacted the guy who installed it were trying to arrange a day to check it out as i crazy hours and live alone. Surely this is more than coincidence that both boilers were loosing pressure gradually this boiler is loosing it slower. It has been going on for a total of 6 months now new boiler only been in 3 weeks.

I am so confused how this could happen leak is defo on the boiler side.

Thanks

Speak soon

Dave

Could be a leak on system, could be corrosion ( doubt it with new rads but it's not impossible).
Installer will be able to tell you

Its a longshot pal there could be a problem with the new boiler, but it will obviously be covered by warrenty if it is.
If the leak is on the system, a very very small leak will drop the pressure .

Hi

Appreciate the replys. Whe i isolated the ch the boiler drops pressure and when putting the rads back on the system it doesnt drop. Its always onlt the water out the boiler until the pipework below so last week when it done it i didnt repressurise it for 2 days cos i was away for the weekend and wanted to see when i got back if the towel radiator was full as this is the highest radistor in the house and it was no air nothing as soon as i open the bleed valve water no air.

Its so odd

1.0 bar to .8 can just be expansion and contraction. Top the boiler to 1.5 when the system is cold, vent all radiators, then top up again. Monitor this pressure and see if it drops. Don't forget it will rise, when the heating is hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Out of fresh ideas and no1 knows lol Ahh HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the owner of this boiler is now caught firmly between "not us", "not us" and "not us" - nobody will take responsibility, and just calls into question...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a ideal logic 35 combi boiler is just little over 4 years old in a new build property was great for first few years but since about 2 years maybe it keeps loosing pressure what I top up. Once it lost it but then the filling loop wouldn't fill back up had someone out they said it may be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so I'd really appreciate some advice. We've recently moved into a new place that has the hot water and central heating powered by a stove in the lounge...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock