Search the forum,

Discuss Our New Solar Product is nearly ready in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

What are the official validations we will need to provide to specifiers and purchasers.

All input gratefully recieved and acknowleged. Its a wet system not a lecky one.

centralheatking/API 2006
icon14.png

Congratulations!

No idea personally but shouldn't you know this stuff before developing a product?

In terms of our usual timescales (2-4years) this is a rush job and we were approached
unusually by the props of the roofing product - we normaly design, test, patent etc
and then sell the product on - so yes we would normally do as you say but we have not done solar before
Congratulations!

No idea personally but shouldn't you know this stuff before developing a product?

As far as I know the collectors should conform to BS EN 12975 :2000 & the system would be subject to the EU Pressure Equipment Directive (Pressure Equipment Regulations - UK) if max allowable pressure is > 0.5 bar. You probable knew all that anyway.

Take a look at the Solar Keymark web site, you have the tests performed by a registered testing facility and submit the results to Solar Keymark as soon as they list the product you can sell your product anywhere.

Doesn't take much to qualify a radiator painted black could meet their standards, actually the thermodynamic panel did using water and they are designed to use refrigerant.

Thank you all for your advice. The fog of info is clearing now. So far we think we shall
go for the relevant Micro Generation Certificate and will look at the Solar Keymark

I will post back on here when we get the whole picture............centralheatking

Take a look at the Solar Keymark web site, you have the tests performed by a registered testing facility and submit the results to Solar Keymark as soon as they list the product you can sell your product anywhere.

Doesn't take much to qualify a radiator painted black could meet their standards, actually the thermodynamic panel did using water and they are designed to use refrigerant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Our New Solar Product is nearly ready in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock