Search the forum,

Discuss Ordering the correct Grohe Taps - three or two feeds? Have a low px system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckfast

Hello all

Sorry, another post where i am trying to order the correct taps from Germany for use here in Ireland. I have already been told that I can get a reducer to allow adapt to the different pipe diameters. 3/8" in Germany, to 1/2" here in Ireland (which I think is actually slightly different to the UK standard).

I have another question however. The water system in consists of a cold water tank in the attic, and the hot water cylinder is located downstairs. We do not have a pump at the moment, but one will be installed at a later date, but only to feed a mixer shower later to be installed. We wont have any other pumps in the house to boost pressure.

Our system then therefore a low pressure system, and even here in Ireland, I am told that what we call low pressure is even lower than the UK.

I have been searching for Grohe taps that are marketed as "low pressure". However, when I view the diagrams from them, they appear to have 3 feeds, rather than the standard 2. as per the drawing. I assume these are only for use with under counter water heaters? tap.JPG If so, which taps should I be ordering? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ordering the correct Grohe Taps - three or two feeds? Have a low px system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock