Search the forum,

Discuss opportunites that may come when i have completed my train4jobs course? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know what opportunites that may come when i complete this course they say i will recieve nvqs in plumbing,gas,domestic electrical and renewable engineering , they also say i will have the relevant certificates to say i am gas registered etc

can anyone help me out?

Do you know the tradesman (plumber) you will be working along side during the time you are in training ?

What sort of work do they do ? is it install or maintenance, domestic or commercial, plumbing & heating ?

These are the people & this is were you will learn the most from not the training course.

Can I jump in here without starting another thread?

If I was going to tech for a few days per week; would I be working alongside someone (if I could find a tradesman to take me on) whilst I'm at tech, or would I be better getting my NVQ's and then finding an apprentiship.

Thanks,
James.

Do you know the tradesman (plumber) you will be working along side during the time you are in training ?

What sort of work do they do ? is it install or maintenance, domestic or commercial, plumbing & heating ?

These are the people & this is were you will learn the most from not the training course.

Can I jump in here without starting another thread?

If I was going to tech for a few days per week; would I be working alongside someone (if I could find a tradesman to take me on) whilst I'm at tech, or would I be better getting my NVQ's and then finding an apprentiship.

Thanks,
James.

100% apprenticeship then you get the college practical and theoretical stuff aswell as your onsite assessments all at once. Not doing an apprenticeship you will do the college practical and theoretical stuff but no assessment making it incomplete. I've known lads have to redo their level 2 from scratch when they found an apprenticeship after already doing a year in college.

I'll be interested here too. My course advisor said I'd be around 15-18 months doing lv2 and 3 years to be level 3 qualified.

I'll be interested here too. My course advisor said I'd be around 15-18 months doing lv2 and 3 years to be level 3 qualified.

is this the Diploma (NVQ) Apprenticeship or what ever they are calling it now (6033?) just going to college i.e. not employed ??

Yeah,its not an apprenticeship. You do theory based learning and do some on the computer on a single.ulated learning program. Then you go in to college centre to practise the theory on practical and get assessed doing so. Then after so many modules and practicals they send you to a working building site to work with qualified people doing the job for real to gain more experience and use it as evidence for your portfolio.

So what do you want to know? Is this a good route ? cos it is not the route that most have done on here.

Many thing is how much time will you spend on a building site ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to opportunites that may come when i have completed my train4jobs course? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock