Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss opportunites that may come when i have completed my train4jobs course? in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Wally2801

Wally2801 New Member

does anyone know what opportunites that may come when i complete this course they say i will recieve nvqs in plumbing,gas,domestic electrical and renewable engineering , they also say i will have the relevant certificates to say i am gas registered etc

can anyone help me out?

2. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

How many years is this course going to take?

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

think its more like weeks ;(

4. Wally2801

Wally2801 New Member

It all depends on the person I have been told but averagely 2-3 years I have been told

5. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Do you know the tradesman (plumber) you will be working along side during the time you are in training ?

What sort of work do they do ? is it install or maintenance, domestic or commercial, plumbing & heating ?

These are the people & this is were you will learn the most from not the training course.

6. jmac

jmac New Member

Can I jump in here without starting another thread?

If I was going to tech for a few days per week; would I be working alongside someone (if I could find a tradesman to take me on) whilst I'm at tech, or would I be better getting my NVQ's and then finding an apprentiship.

Thanks,
    James.

7. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 Member

100% apprenticeship then you get the college practical and theoretical stuff aswell as your onsite assessments all at once. Not doing an apprenticeship you will do the college practical and theoretical stuff but no assessment making it incomplete. I've known lads have to redo their level 2 from scratch when they found an apprenticeship after already doing a year in college.

8. Guitarjon

Guitarjon New Member

I'll be interested here too. My course advisor said I'd be around 15-18 months doing lv2 and 3 years to be level 3 qualified.

9. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

is this the Diploma (NVQ) Apprenticeship or what ever they are calling it now (6033?) just going to college i.e. not employed ??

10. Guitarjon

Guitarjon New Member

Yeah,its not an apprenticeship. You do theory based learning and do some on the computer on a single.ulated learning program. Then you go in to college centre to practise the theory on practical and get assessed doing so. Then after so many modules and practicals they send you to a working building site to work with qualified people doing the job for real to gain more experience and use it as evidence for your portfolio.

11. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

So what do you want to know? Is this a good route ? cos it is not the route that most have done on here.

Many thing is how much time will you spend on a building site ?