Currently reading:
Open vent system.

Discuss Open vent system. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm getting increasingly confused with this Lee.
I am very sorry John for the confusion.
1. I did intend to run the 22mm vent pipe to the tank and combine it with cw outlet using the tee as per your system.
2.yes
3.i thought the new 22mm supply would run to the left top side of the H which is the current vent pipe as in the attached. The top right is the curr 15mm cw supply that I thought needed to be capped.
Apologies again I just didn't want to make a mistake.
20211020_180327.jpg

Just answer, if you don't mind, these queries one by one.

1. Do you (or have you) propose(d) to run a 22 MM vent to the new header tank?.

2. Do you intend to run a 22MM CW supply to this from the new header tank.

3. Where do you propose to connect in this CW supply to the 22MM vent.

Here is a very simple schematic of my proposal, can you just post something similar with yours.
Thank you for your patience John that is exactly what I thought I had to do but didn't explain it very well.
Here is a very simple schematic of my proposal, can you just post something similar with yours.
Thank you for your patience John, thats exactly what I thought I need to do but didn't explain it very well.
I am combining the cw feed as per your drawing using 22mm and capping off the 15mm supply.

Thanks again
Lee

Great, go for it!!, how far roughly will the run of CW feed be?.

It would also help if you had/have a isol valve on the cold feed to the (ballcock) header tank and just crack this open to trickle in the water to top up the system sfter partial drain down as it helps the air to escape up the vent and at the same time allow the trickle of water to flow downwards.

Great, go for it!!, how far roughly will the run of CW feed be?.

It would also help if you had/have a isol valve on the cold feed to the (ballcock) header tank and just crack this open to trickle in the water to top up the system sfter partial drain down as it helps the air to escape up the vent and at the same time allow the trickle of water to flow downwards.
From the bottom of the tee of the cw tank to the top of the H left hand side its about 5'. I have an isolated valve so will fill slowly. Thanks again it will be a relief to get it working properly.

Reply to Open vent system. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock