Search the forum,

Discuss open fire and oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
is It possible to connect to a open fire already installed to feed gravity hot water and pumped heating , a conventional oil boiler boiler, its in my own house, never done it before , asked some other plumbers and they said that you can do it with a 3 port valve , there must be a way to do it. can anybody help me out. thanks

Strange for any plumber to say use 3 port valve! You have a gravity circuit and a pumped circuit.
The Dunsley neutraliser is what it says, - a neutral point for gravity circuit and pumped. Just need gravity circuit from fire joined to the Dunsley unit and the oil boiler pumped pipes and exiting pipes also joined to other tappings.

Or you can use a twin coil cylinder. This will mean the gravity coil and the pumped coil are separate. Then the only circuit you connect is the pumped radiator circuit, but using a check valve at each boilers pumped pipes to avoid one boiler heating the other and also resulting in bypassing

Thermal store system far preferable to twin coil cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to open fire and oil boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

when I removed the back coal saver I can now see the mental back boiler. I could not see the back boiler when I put the coal saver in place last year . Do I recover the metal back boiler in fire cement or is their something better. The fire cement at the bottom of the photo is where I block...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock