Search the forum,

Discuss one pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone tell me if you can put a combi condensing on a one pipe system using a baxi boiler cheers

you can but it wont work very well,stick a performa 30 on it for example and the water will pass its self backwards

cheers gas man ive got a one pipe system and my mate who has just passed his gas safe has just installed one and has told me i could do it on mine but i was suspicious so now i know thanks

We did one last summer on an existing in chesterfield. On the nearest rad stick a iso on it so that rad dont suck all the heat from the system before chucking back to the boiler and leave of some trv's.
It works but not to its best (main 30he).

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers gas man ive got a one pipe system and my mate who has just passed his gas safe has just installed one and has told me i could do it on mine but i was suspicious so now i know thanks

Your mate needs more training. One pipe systems do not appear in modern heating systems. They are unreliable and bad practice. What was he thinking of.

one pipe system are old fashioned and not good for domestic properties, ok for schools n such
why wouldnt a combi not work well?

pressurised system,rapid flow and warm up i will leave you work out the rest

err, help me out gas man, is it because the hot water will struggle to circulate through the rad with the pressure and rapid flow?

basicly yes the combi will throw mass amounts of heat that a one pipe system can't cope with because it offers to little resistance,the water will want to fly around the system and by pass the rads one pipes work best on a slow plodder of a boiler

you could use swept tees? but yes they are not really suited to domestics.
ive worked on loads in schools and even fitted one in 1997 in liverpool, a new primary school
they are oversized peipes as they aare both flow and return and use the pipe as part of the heat emmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to one pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock