Search the forum,

Discuss One of Your Colleagues Has Saved My Life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry off topic but
How can a priest have a daughter???

Sorry off topic but
How can a priest have a daughter???

Not 100% bit behind on my religious doctrine (trust me not wanting to get political) but I think its only Catholic priests that can't marry and have to celebate.

I don't know about smelling gas, I'm beginning to smell a troll!!

Good evening all!

I'm so glad that I was able to share these photos with you! This has helped immeasurably! May I please ask, can you guide me to see where the old solder is on the pipe? And may I ask please, under general circumstances would there not be a nut or bolt to connect them, similar to what one might find when connecting sink fittings?
No way do I cast any blame towards anyone about the air vent.

Interestingly, I made an A4 blow-ups of the photos. It shows where not only the most recent engineer, but the engineer almost exactly a year ago placed their initials on the base of the fire. I would agree with you - these fires are frightfully old and I honestly have no recollection of anything ever being done to them. I did notice in the enlarged image that in the upper right hand corner I can see two other 'pipes' which are wrapped with a similar tape. I'm not sure what this is and whether they could possibly leak as well. I certainly doubt it because as thorough as this gentleman was he would most certainly would have noticed and inspected it.

This has been an excellent education. Again thank you. Oh and for Gray - I'm an Anglican priest. All of the pomp, none of the guilt!

Fr B+

Just an addendum to my last mail as leester you posted this just as I was - what is a troll?

Fr B+

...and here was me...all the way to the end of this thread expecting a Hollywood style climax to the story only to find there's a troll on the loose :stuart:

A few catholic priests do have children and these priests are ones who have converted to catholicism - they are the exception to the rule. (A catholic who becomes a priest is not allowed to marry and have children under the doctrine of the catholic church.)

Whatever the rules, all priests (in this country at least) are Christian though and worship the same God.

I go to church regularly and have met a number of priests over the years. I love winding them up by saying their job's easy as they only work one day a week - if only that were true!! It's not an easy life being a priest and I have great admiration for those who undertake this vocation - I don't think the general public has any idea of the strains and pressures of being a priest - far from an easy life but, as I understand it, it's an extremely fulfilling life and sometimes quite out of this world (if I'm allowed to use that expression!)

A few catholic priests do have children and these priests are ones who have converted to catholicism - they are the exception to the rule. (A catholic who becomes a priest is not allowed to marry and have children under the doctrine of the catholic church.)

Whatever the rules, all priests (in this country at least) are Christian though and worship the same God.

I go to church regularly and have met a number of priests over the years. I love winding them up by saying their job's easy as they only work one day a week - if only that were true!! It's not an easy life being a priest and I have great admiration for those who undertake this vocation - I don't think the general public has any idea of the strains and pressures of being a priest - far from an easy life but, as I understand it, it's an extremely fulfilling life and sometimes quite out of this world (if I'm allowed to use that expression!)
We have been told to keep things on topic

Good evening

I'm really confused. What are you referring to about the open end? I think there may be a photo of both ends of the pipe if you want me to look. And again please, what is a troll? I'm not familiar with anything related to pipes or plumbing.

Fr B+

DSC00487.jpg

This is the only photo that shows the other end of the pipe. Apologies for not sending it earlier. I didn't think it made a difference but now looking at it I can see there's a bolt or nut on the other end. Would this make a difference?

Fr B+

I'm not even going to look all the way back to see who it was who first wrote to suggest that I might be a 'troll'. Yesterday someone explained to me what this meant. I didn't know whether to be offended or find it funny.

Regardless, I assure you that I am not anything of the sort. I'm indeed grateful for the information that was provided and I would imagine that even the most odious cretin would figure out, especially with the provision of photos, that my submission was sincere and with merit.

There are very few clergy who would have the inclination and particularly time to waste people's time time creating "Troll" scenarios. There are far greater issues in our world for such idiocy. Whether you believed it or not, my submission was both factual and sincere.

(Troll: "someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response")

Fr Bill+

www.BigWorldSmallBoat.Blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One of Your Colleagues Has Saved My Life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock