Search the forum,

Discuss one for the technically minded of you. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, i havent done any training in the field of solar panels other than a 1 day renewables energy training with my employer. However there has been 1 thing bugging me about the hot water variant of solar panels. I have been twnld some of these panels work on a temperature basis. If this is true why then can a system not be developed where these are placed within the confines of the home. Would this not then mean that once the home is heated to a greater temperature than that required to operate these panels that the system would then run itself?

There is a system like that it's air recirculation it draws heat from the rooms and soil stacks then uses it to produce heat elsewhere (I think that was the gist I fell asleep when the fitter started to go on about the filtration system)

Something different, it was going in in some ha places that were being re done. Made and fitted by vent axia

Heat recovery systems are a great idea. Johnson & starley had one which claimed 98% efficiency. Heat exchanger ventilation box in the roof space, which pre-heats fresh air being drawn in by heated room air being extracted. Nice clean warm fresh air very little dust. Price not for the faint hearted

They are a great idea, however when installed in new build properties by installers on a very tight budget standards drop so then does the efficiency of the systems.

A local house building company top end of the market, used to fit them as standard 15 years ago, but haven't done so for last 8 or so years.

When I ask the owners if they use the system they normally say what ! We normally have that fused spur turned off as it does nothing, sad but true.

I presume the systems parts are now obsolete/ parts seized even ducting too dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to one for the technically minded of you. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get PV Solar Panels (~6kw) and a large battery storage array (2xTesla Powerwalls for ~27kwh storage and ~10kw output). I'm looking to replace my old...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock