Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss On-site tool insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Tictacfresh

Tictacfresh Guest

Hi
    im a commercial plumber working for a small company. Their insurance does not cover my own personally bought tools.
    Can anyone recommend tool only insurance which includes on site cover. I have looked on the net and cannot find anyone.
    Thank you.

2. gasmanrob

gasmanrob Plumber GSR

I had public liability insurance with axa and added £2500 worth of tool insurance to it for £5 a month. It wouldn't cover the total value of my kit but I figured that it would offer enough money that I'd be up and running again ASAP

3. Paulplumb

Paulplumb Plumber GSR

Call me a cynic but insurance policies are great until you try to make a claim

• Like Like x 2
  4. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Before paying for tool insurance - get a lawyer and one with a telescope that can see the footprints on the moon - just so you can read and understand the fine print.

Been through all that:
    Hand tools - basically no cover.
    Power tools / cordless tools more than 3 years old - no cover.
    ( you have to keep model no's and serial no's of power / battery tools)

You may as well get the price of a policy and put that money away each week and replace tools as they go missing or need replacement.

Some of the more expensive tools you may be able to get individual insurance for each one - but there is a time period which they will cover you for. Once again - older than 3 years regarded worthless by the insurance company.

Sickening feeling - but that's how it works

• Like Like x 2