Search the forum,

Discuss Old system playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
turn the power off

move the yellow wire to no 1 terminal (eg red and yellow together)

heating should start

Yep, spot on! Gutted I bought a new valve now!

Is mine deemed a three wire thermostat even though I have 4 (earth)

Yes Honeywell 6360b should sort you out

red in 1
yellow in 3
blue in 2
earth in eath

That one Shaun mentioned is good. Get one of them!

As I know that the rads used to heat a bit when the hot water was on (only hot water) I may still swap out the full valve and fully drain the system,, any inhibitors that you would recommend for my system & netaheat boilers?

Also, the water going into the expansion tank, if this continues after the thermostat change is there anything that this screams out as, as a fault?

As I know that the rads used to heat a bit when the hot water was on (only hot water) I may still swap out the full valve and fully drain the system,, any inhibitors that you would recommend for my system & netaheat boilers?

Also, the water going into the expansion tank, if this continues after the thermostat change is there anything that this screams out as, as a fault?

What's the Heat exchanger made from?
If it's anything other than Aluminium I'd use Fernox.

As far as the Tank goes, check the level first. When it's cold it should have 4 or 5 " of water in it.

How old is this neataheat?
I remember one potterton did years back but there can;t be any of those left alive now!

What's the Heat exchanger made from?
If it's anything other than Aluminium I'd use Fernox.

As far as the Tank goes, check the level first. When it's cold it should have 4 or 5 " of water in it.

Blimey, I’m not sure what it’s made of - I will try and find a model number and look it up.

The expansion tank ball cock works, it doesn’t look like any of th hot water goes into the overflow, it’s like it is taking the water it’s displacing

How old is this neataheat?
I remember one potterton did years back but there can;t be any of those left alive now!

It’s alive!!

When I had a gas pipe removed last year they sniffer tested it and it’s emmisions were better than most combi’s apparently

136D2200-7F80-4640-8FC2-31C5FEA9543A.jpeg

3D93D1D3-C35B-41D8-AA72-F4DAB7254CF2.jpeg

F3670CF8-B7A3-460F-8132-F67ADF440F1C.jpeg

9F037F87-541C-4DAA-ADD8-2D8F7E242706.jpeg

B0409FC8-982B-409E-95D3-FEC48A9802D8.jpeg

DD196F83-D1DA-4488-8F6A-9FBD93D0F810.jpeg

6027BEBE-5A59-44A4-A5BE-714EAE00C20B.jpeg

183416A7-E49B-4CF5-B033-DB855B913ECB.jpeg

01357390-DAE5-4E31-B689-D013C0FB58D4.jpeg

They normally are just the permanent pilot and getting hold of spare parts that let old boilers down

That Boiler is the later version of the one I was thinking of. Pretty much the same thing, just the Gas controls that are a lot more modern on yours. The original Neataheat had all sorts on it.
Proper little gas chain. Automatic pilot too with a mercury vapour valve.

whats with the slap here message :D

whats with the slap here message :D

Well..... you know some people believe that you can fix things with a good slap....... when the boiler was playing up the pilot had gone out and wouldn’t fire up, my neighbour who has the same boiler had said something about a sticky valve, that is the area that you have to slap it apparently!

They normally are just the permanent pilot and getting hold of spare parts that let old boilers down

Auto pilot on these Shaun. The earlier model had one also. It worked in a similar way to how a Gas oven works. They had a Mercury vapour valve with a Phial over the pilot. Once it warmed up the Mercury would expand and open the Valve. There were separate solenoids and regulators on those too.
I'm reminiscing now !!
They were a nightmare lol!

Auto pilot on these Shaun. The earlier model had one also. It worked in a similar way to how a Gas oven works. They had a Mercury vapour valve with a Phial over the pilot. Once it warmed up the Mercury would expand and open the Valve. There were separate solenoids and regulators on those too.
I'm reminiscing now !!
They were a nightmare lol!

Was thinking about an old gloworm space saver

Thank you, what about cleaning or is a flush through with fresh water a couple of times normally enough?

I would put F3 Cleaner in, leave it a few weeks, Get it hot and empty it. Then refill, dose with F1 and Balance !

I would do this after the pumping over the vent pipe has been dealt with though otherwise, you'll be wasting your efforts.

Ah!
Another amazing invention.
They would all outlast any modern effort!

Yep had one had to get rid flue was smelling a bit

Even had the upgraded cast hex, it's in the local tech collage now

From the instruction manual, the heat exchanger looks to be cast iron. Certainly the Potterton Netaheat Profile, later renamed simply 'Profile' has a cast-iron heat exchanger.

Re water pouring into your cistern, you mean the hot water comes out of the vent pipe over the top of your feed and expansion system and runs into the cistern? A run or a dribble? Does this continue to dribble when the system is good and hot and has been running for some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old system playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock