Search the forum,

Discuss Old non condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue66

Gas Engineer
Hi I'm newly qualified. Why would a boiler be 23mb at the meter on working pressure and 19mb at boiler inlet pressure and 14mb burner pressure. This is fine as per the MIs but i thought there was only supposed to be a 1mb drop.

Restriction of the gas valve you can loose 4-5 mbar on a gas valve

Also some burners are reduced in pressure and you can set them (not the same as inlet)

But inlet pressure seems low you done a quick gas pipework calc ?

There is about 4 meters of pipework to boiler mostly in 22mm. I thought it was low. I have gas safe inspecting me so I'm trying to get my facts straight. Its a Worcester 28i RSF. The other wierd thing is the co co2 ratio is 0.0003 and the MIs say it should be 0.003-0.007. Its really low. The gas rate is perfect though.

And Shaun thank you you are right the MIs say that it's preset to about 13.5mb so that bit is bang on.

would do it old school and just have a look at the ppm on the fga

(old school)

flame picture, burner pressure, gas rate

and gas pipework sounds ok, other than the inlet filter to the gas valve being slightly blocked it should be ok

Would it also be worth mentioning there is a 2mb drop off pressure on the installation that is apparently untraceable. Within the 4mb permissible limit with no smell of gas.

what meter is installed?

and did you isolate the boiler?

G4 meter.Yes i tried isolating the boiler and it made no difference there is a 22mm pipe that Ts off and goes underground to the cooker. I have yet to cap off either direction to find out which route is responsible for said drop in mb.

any gas fires?

No gas fires just the cooker and the boiler upstairs. Actually it goes underground in 28mm comes out the wall behind the cooker.

Last edited:
1499114266577158964415.jpg

looks like steel pipework in the ground

Ok that does not sound reassuring but helpful all the same. Ill wait till the gas safe guy comes and then fix it. I don't really know if he can penalise me for having a numpty gas installation prior to my qualifying.

aslong as you have an ok drop you will be fine and steel pipework is better than copper in concrete

Ok thanks mate. These inspections are scary when your newly qualified and i keep finding abnormal stuff lol. Just my luck!

You will be fine there only there to check your working safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old non condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock