Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Lability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Old Flow & Return pipes capped off could this be an issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Raunce

Raunce New Member

Hi all, just moved house and while up in the loft I noticed the old 22mm Flow and Retun pipes that fed the old boiler in the loft have been capped off with push-fit stop ends. The new boiler is located in the garage at ground floor level. Please see attached diagram.[​IMG]
    I suppose at the end of the day it is just like a radiator that's been capped off. My concern was with the capped off ends being higher than the rest of the system and the possibility of an air lock making the system run less efficient. Does anyone think this is an issue? Would it be better to join the Flow and Return pipes in attic? TIA.

2. Raunce

Raunce New Member

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

TBH it wouldn't harm to put two manual air vents up there

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Raunce

Raunce New Member

Thanks Shaun. Any particular ones you'd recommend?

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

TBH any manual ones will be fine

• Like Like x 1
  6. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

You do not join the flow and return together!
    That would create an easy circuit for no reason, and wasting heat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1