Search the forum,

Discuss Old cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KeithA

Hi, I am a fairly competent DIYer. I've got an old close coupled toilet cistern which is getting difficult to flush. I would normally just renew the innards myself but as I had never seen one like this before I called out a plumber to give me advice. He reckons it is about 50 years old and the innards are ceramic not plastic like modern cisterns. He also reckons that it is not repairable and will need a complete new toilet but as the outlet to the toilet is a swan neck straight into a concrete floor this could cause major complications. The toilet is a deep grey colour and these days only white is availabe. I don't want to go to the expense of refitting the whole bathroom and wonder if anyone has encountered one of these cisterns before and knows whether I can replace the innards with the modern plastic equivalent as my plumber says not.

I am away at present but will post a picture on my return in about 4 weeks. Sorry!

I'd be surprised if it couldn't be fixed, sounds like it might be a syphonic pan though - pics will confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock