Search the forum,

Discuss Old circs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a boiler job needing a 38kw combi, I've upgraded Gas pipework in the garage to 28mm from 22mm, the gas the goes under the floor to boiler and fire, and comes out at the boiler in 15mm which leaves my on a general calculation of over a 1 millibar drop. The gas meter is at one side of the house the boiler another, which is a total git, the airing cupboard is at the side near the meter, and their is a 28mm old gravity pipe that's on the existing boiler that runs from airing cupboard to boiler, has anyone ever flushed that out and reused it? I know it's not ideal, and have always renewed everything I've put in, I don't like reusing, but if they want a new boiler its that or the whole house floor gets lifted. Or any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks.

Ask your gas safe eng who is going to do the work

Or as you already know pm a mod and send them your gas safe details

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old circs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
I have a domestic gas meter located at one side of my building and my boiler/cooker (only 2 gas devices) on the other side of the building. There is currently a 28mm gas pipe from meter to the boiler which is approx 25m and a further 5m to the gas cooker. My gas engineer is saying that the...
Replies
Views
I'm moving over to a sealed system on my EcoTec 38kw boiler. The old flow and return were in 28mm which was there long before the Vailant was installed. I'm running 10 rads with a small UFH circuit and unvented cylinder. Could i get away with replacing the 28mm to 22mm instead on the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock