Search the forum,

Discuss Oil to storage heaters in large house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt has bought a large 3 bedroom house and has removed the oil tank and is also wanting to remove the oil burner and change from oil to electric storage heaters. I've been trying to advise her against this because the running costs of storage heaters can be more than oil. Does building regs that allows this change.

If she was to go with storage heaters in each room, does ceilings have to be pulled to route new cables for them or can one just tap into the existing cables?

Tell her stick to oil, new condensing boiler will save her money, even in the short term against storage heaters.

My aunt has bought a large 3 bedroom house and has removed the oil tank and is also wanting to remove the oil burner and change from oil to electric storage heaters. I've been trying to advise her against this because the running costs of storage heaters can be more than oil. Does building regs that allows this

If she was to go with storage heaters in each room, does ceilings have to be pulled to route new cables for them or can one just tap into the existing cables?

Snowhead is quite right Madness!

Oil boilers are highly efficient appliances that can heat up large amounts of water. So why would you think of changing it. Some are also very environmentally friendly because you can have the option of using recycled oil or even bio-diesel as a fuel source. Oil boilers provide very good heating. the maintenance and checks are very reasonable in prices. The parts not as expensive as well as break downs are not as often. Most likely you will need to change a nozzle or some filters or a pump to get back up running. Oil boilers are definitely better in the long run very customer friendly. The boilers can last easily 20-25years.

The electric boiler is not as cost effective in the long run...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil to storage heaters in large house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, I have a customer who wants a modern oil boiler fitting to replace his ancient one. The big problem is he's divided his house into two with a holiday cottage next door. I'm not sure but surely that's against Building Regs and he needs two boilers?. Can anyone advise me? Thanks, Jock
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that we're turning into a guesthouse. The property was built in the 1970's or so and has an oil fired boiler with a standard copper cylinder. As far as I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
My In-laws lives in Scotland Perthshire (I'm in England) and has an old 40+yr old coal fired boiler, Bungalow with 14 rads (some double) pumped heating microbore and gravity hot water cylinder. Rads originally sized on single glazing, then 15yrs ago got double glazing put in. I'm trying to...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock