Search the forum,

Discuss Oil tank pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smitty1892

Hi, has any one ever made a device to remove water and sediment from the bottom of oil tanks?

I use a suction and discharge pump, with an extended pipe. Similar to those used in garages to remove fluids.

Or you could use a vacuum cleaner! Got a number of steam engines which needed oil removing from sumps as they'd become contaminated with water, friend knocked up a collector using an old milk churn and two pieces of 1" pipe. One through the lid for a couple inches, the other through the lid down several inches. (when the lid is on it's pretty airtight). Attach vacuum to shorter pipe, hose from sump to longer pipe. Switch on vacuum and suck oil out of sump, with no chance of it getting into the vacuum. Works a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil tank pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be the same as with my oil boiler and water storage tank (gravity-fed)?
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Been getting large amounts of sediment coming through the electric shower. Had two plumbers look at the job who are unsure of how the sediment can be getting through to the electric shower. The electric shower is run off the mains not from the cold water tank. Any ideas on how this has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock