Search the forum,

Discuss Oil tank level gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I've just bought a house with an old oil central heating system. The level guage was hovering over 20 and it goes from 0-200. The tank it a lot bigger than 200 litres so I presumed it held 2000 and the guage was showing it in 10ths. Within a day of running the central heating. The level went down to 10. If my idea is right, that's 100 litres of oil!!! It's going to be expensive. Is there any chance that it just shows the last 200 litres when the tank it getting low?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi, very unlikely that a boiler will use 100l in a day.

What sort of gauge is it? - do you have to pull a lever to read it? is it a float or ultrasonic??
It could be non linear (like most car fuel tank gauges!), It could be a sticking float. can you post a pic of the gauge please.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil tank level gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached one of the photos when I found out the cistern overflowing above the overflow pipe) and one other pipe that has a small drops coming out of it that is...
Replies
Views
Good day all, I would like to get some advise and perhaps the solution to the issues with my UFH system. We did install UFH in an entire house and got rid of all radiators. The system is 14 port manifold (only 12 are in use) feeding 7 zones. Total room area is 97 m2, with the biggest zone...
Replies
Views
V
Hoping you can help us with a heating system question that has caused a lot of anxiety for us as a family. Just grateful for some proper, practical advice. We have a 50-70 year old four bedroom family house that has a central heating system powered by a Worcester boiler downstairs (and a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock