Search the forum,

Discuss Oil stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Satellitedish

Hello Guys,

Have a problem. I’m converting my solid fuel stove to a 6” Don Oil Burner. I'm concerned about fire safety. I have a Wheelhead fire valve and a KBB c 65 fire valve. The length of the coil on the KBB is approximately 5' (not long enough to be put next to the oil tank) and another smaller one approx. 6" long.

Where exactly do I put this KBB valve, its coils, and its thermostat? The 5' is not long enough to be put outside. Also, where do I put the Wheelhead fire valve?

Can I buy a spring (or other such instrument) to bend a 3/8 (10mm) copper pipe without it kinking to a 90° angle?

Thanks

John

thus far you have shown you dont know how to convert one legally and safely, there are times when you should use a qualified technician, this is one of them as you have not got the tools required, ie draught gauge, correct fire valves, etc etc etc.

Hello John. You really need a qualified oil engineer to do most of the work and commission it for you. They will know the regs for what fire valves are needed and where.
The fusible wheel head valve is not allowed as a firevalve. It can leak easily, so I would recommend it to be removed. A good quality isolating valve as well as two fire valves can be fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The pipe work from the shower mixer valve is exposed silver colour pipework. the pipe work will run up from the valve then take a hard left at the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is currently heated via FHW via an oil-fired boiler. Hot water is also provided by the boiler (via a tankless coil inside boiler). There are gas lines at the street, and the gas co is willing to bring gas into my house & install a meter for a $1000...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
    • Love
I recently moved to a house with an oil fired Aga. After it sooted up, I adjusted the settings on the BM-30 type oil control valve but am struggling to get it settled again. The Aga is overheating even when the low fire is set at the lowest setting. I couldn't find a clear set of instructions...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock