Search the forum,

Discuss oil pump on riello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
fitted a new one, old one was seized , replaced bearings in motor and cleaned the fan whilst I was there to make sure all was spot on , but its still humming and not turning, it does work when I switch it on - off and reset it , but only half the time, what would it be? capacitor?

capacitor is a good start to solve the problem, use the right size replacement

When you fit a new oil pump or new motor bearings very often you will find the motor not starting. It is the capacitor weak and new bearings can be a bit tight at first.
Always carry capacitors with you and replace it if the motor fails to turn if you test start the burner at least 10 times or if you hear the motor giving a slight hesitation of a hum to start.

Hi I'm only new to this forum I had my first riello 40 last night that the motor was totally jammed could not be fixed

could you not change the bearings in them ? that's what I did in this property , they were a bit stiff, and I was changing the oil pump anyhow, didn't take much longer to change the bearings! I keep some in my oil ox spares that im slowly building up , they are 6202 bearings from memory, cheap off ebay!

by the way im now oftec registered, do I get a sticker like the gas safe one on my profile??

I really would like one! and ill even ask please!! as I cant see any other benefit of being registered ! haha

Hi I'm only new to this forum I had my first riello 40 last night that the motor was totally jammed could not be fixed

Jammed Riello motor couldn't be fixed??? If it's solely the motor jammed, then it's just the bearings, - usually the one on the oil pump side is the worst. I have never had a burner motor than couldn't be fixed, if just bearings and must have done thousands. Just 4 long thin bolts hold the motor casing together. It's a lot cheaper than a new motor & only takes 10min to do the bearings. Only problem is getting the fan off the motor shaft. Make sure you wd40 the fan, also scrape any rust off the end few mm (if any protruding) at shaft and turn the fan while using some tool to hold the opposite end of motor (oil pump drive end) from turning.
You might find bearing pullers handy for to remove bearings. Also need something to fit against bearings to hit with a hammer to tap them on full. An old brass tail of a ballvalve will do that.

Last edited:
Best way to fit bearings to a bear shaft is use a tube long enough to go over the shaft and rest on the inner race, when fitting to the end cap first then a tube that fits on the outer race and any slack on either the shaft or the end cap use Loctite Bearing fit but not too much of it.

Not worth the outlay unless you do loads of bearing replacements and oil seals but SKF and others do a full size kit for removing and fitting.

Last edited:
anybody tried fixing the pump? ive got an old one here, would do a spare part in the van if I was able to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil pump on riello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock